SATURDAY SNOW PLAY - A 2nd Helping of White Stuff for JET Li

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As luck would have it, the winter storm that blew in the day before decided to stick around for a bit and by morning, Cindy and I were happy to see a fresh new blanket of the white stuff had been laid down across the valley. Of course, being that this isn't something we'd normally see especially this late in the season, Cindy and I were compelled to load JET Li, our 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and head back up into the hills. Here are a few pics that we took from our crack of dawn Saturday Snow Play.

During the blue hour of the morning, I awoke to see the following sight - a fresh blanket of snow.
20180303120444-26ec7256.jpg

Knowing the odds that we'd be waking up to another snow day, we decided to park JET Li up front so that we could make get out and up into the hills faster. After shoveling out the front driveway, we headed down the street and put it into 4WD.
20180303120531-466e5de2.jpg

20180303120520-3537a6b7.jpg

20180303120528-5325425a.jpg

Being that daytime temps have been hovering around freezing, much of the snow that fell the day before ended up sticking around and the snow that fell last night just added to the base.
20180303120700-3097e04c.jpg

20180303120606-faf4dc05.jpg

Another shot looking out across the Carson Valley.
20180303120626-68a3b584.jpg

The sun just starting to rise over the Pine Nut Range.
20180303120617-7555a56e.jpg

On normal day and without any snow, climbing out of this gully is normally a piece of cake for a Jeep but can be a challenge for some vehicles. Before making my attempt to cross it, I did take notice that nobody had attempted it the day before or at least, not that I could tell anyway. Hoping I'd have some good clean snow to bite into, I made by way across but soon found the ground underneath was frozen and slick. There was a brief moment that I thought we might be walking back home to get Moby to help out. :crazyeyes:
20180303120704-e54d2220.jpg

Working our way across the hills.
20180303120709-fdbfb850.jpg

With the sun fully up and over the mountains, it was time to head back to town and grab some breakfast.
20180303120720-92230a2b.jpg

20180303120722-a48b2028.jpg

20180303120724-eb6bc56f.jpg

20180303120727-4d2fc7c4.jpg

The final stretch toward home.
20180303120739-595719dd.jpg

And, that's how we spent our Saturday morning. We hope you enjoyed the pics and hope you have a great weekend. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How is Jet Li liking the snow so far? [emoji38]

On pavement or on easy terrain, he's kicking ass. In deep snow or on steep climbs, I'd have to say that he's finding it bit tough to find his footing. Part of it is for sure his AT's but a good part of it is the traction control too. Still trying to figure things out.

Great pictures as always. Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you got to go out and enjoy it. 🍺

Glad you liked the pics :)

Looks fun! Poor Moby and Rubicat just locked up in the dungeon while the new little baby Asian gets all the attention.

:cheesy: Don't remind me - I get it from them every time I walk by :crazyeyes:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Looks like fun.... what a great backyard you have... I'd be out there EVERY day... "Honey, I'm going to take the trash out"... Jeep Run... "Honey, I'll be in the garage"... Jeep Run... "Honey, gotta go #2, I'll be in the bathroom for a bit"..... Jeep Run

benatc1

Hooked
Nice to see Jet li getting some snow action!! we ended up with probably 8in at the house. Need to go to south lake tomorrow so curious to see how much they got

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's owe some guys, what made you think of heading back for some big brother help?

There were a couple of times where I got into gullys with steep enough climbs that I wasn't sure we'd be able to get back out of. The BFG's are nice but they just weren't cut out for some of the terrain we were in.

Looks like fun.... what a great backyard you have... I'd be out there EVERY day... "Honey, I'm going to take the trash out"... Jeep Run... "Honey, I'll be in the garage"... Jeep Run... "Honey, gotta go #2, I'll be in the bathroom for a bit"..... Jeep Run

:cheesy: Only problem is, Cindy would be doing the same thing :crazyeyes:

Looks like a fun day out there! Beautiful pictures. [emoji482]]

Thanks! There were times when we thought we'd never get a real snow this winter. :crazyeyes:

Nice to see Jet li getting some snow action!! we ended up with probably 8in at the house. Need to go to south lake tomorrow so curious to see how much they got

I think we got about the same and more so up in the hills. Tahoe should be a fun sight to see for sure :yup:

Kenthejeepguy

As luck would have it, the winter storm that blew in the day before decided to stick around for a bit....:

Absolutely beautiful pics! The Carson Valley is so beautiful. With Sonora and Ebbetts passes closed for the winter I don’t get over there often enough this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
jealous! we had a couple of sunny days and ... NOTHING!!! we have nowhere nearby to go play...neighbors hate it when I wheel across their lawns and try to climb over their small cars lol

I heard a rumor Moby and Rubicat are planning a coup

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
jealous! we had a couple of sunny days and ... NOTHING!!! we have nowhere nearby to go play...neighbors hate it when I wheel across their lawns and try to climb over their small cars lol

I heard a rumor Moby and Rubicat are planning a coup

I swear I hear them whispering all the time and then when I look... silence. :thinking: :crazyeyes: :D

Top Bottom