Won't rev up, stalls, Restart ok. ??

Jacalore

Happened once last month, happened again last night. Engine won't rev up, stays at low rpms, rough running till it stalls. Then restart and everything is ok.

If you're waiting in an intersection or slowing to make a turn... gets dicey!

Any ideas? No engine codes.

Cold Gas

My 2010 used to do the same thing. No codes either. They changed the crank position sensor when I took it to the dealer and it stopped doing it I think. But I sold it within a couple weeks of the repair so not 100% sure as it only did it occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacalore

My 2010 used to do the same thing. No codes either. They changed the crank position sensor when I took it to the dealer and it stopped doing it I think. But I sold it within a couple weeks of the repair so not 100% sure as it only did it occasionally.

Thanks, I'll check into that.

Jacalore

Installed new timing chain set (100k miles). Old one was stretched and sloppy. Jeep seems to have more pep now. Could just be me. But, I'm wondering, could this cause that low rpm, unable to rev up, then stall problem?

A.J.

Happened once last month, happened again last night. Engine won't rev up, stays at low rpms, rough running till it stalls. Then restart and everything is ok.

If you're waiting in an intersection or slowing to make a turn... gets dicey!

Any ideas? No engine codes.

Hmm. And no engine codes? Thinking throttle position sensor. Keyboard diagnostics is always tricky. Lol! Have you tried accelerator pedal relearn? Does it happen only when cold or warmed up? Or just random.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

thedrflaminco

Installed new timing chain set (100k miles). Old one was stretched and sloppy. Jeep seems to have more pep now. Could just be me. But, I'm wondering, could this cause that low rpm, unable to rev up, then stall problem?

Yes, a motor out of time will cause this issue. You only notice it at lower RPMs most likely due to engine speed being low and the chain having more slack in it.

Edit: The "random-ness" of the issue strengthens my thoughts of it being a timing related issue. One day it'll act up, the other day it drives fine. Electrical components to some extent can have "random" issues like this, but once they start to act up they usually continue to do so pretty regularly. Just my .02. Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom