Heat Rising

Zeus

Hi guys

So my 2013 JK Rubicon 6sp manual heat gauge rises when I push it a bit hard on uphills.

Town and trail driving the heat gauge sits fine in the middle maybe moves a hair thicknesses past the middle, fan comes on and then back to the middle.

When I hammer it in 4th gear up a hill the heat gauge will go to the middle of half en 3/4’s and as soon as I clear the hill it come straight back to the middle. It has never reached 3/4.

No coolant loss or warning lights.

I have replaced the water pump, thermostat and radiator cap.

Spoke to 4 dealers already and all says it is normal.

Please give me you opinions and does yours do the same. What I have found online there is lots of talk about that it is normal and not normal.

Your input will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

It is normal, even says so in your manual.
Unless the hot oil light comes on, you aren't overheating.

BumblebeeZA

Has it done this before or is it a new thing? If its a new thing I doubt its normal to be honest.
Have you checked to see if your radiator is maybe clogged up? I have heard some overheating stories when people mix the incorrect antifreeze and it becomes gel like causing blockages in the radiator.
I dont have a 3.6, I have a 3.8 Auto, my Jeep never goes past the half way mark, and I have never seen a factory 3.6 go past the half way mark on the temp gauges unnecessarily.
Good luck I hope this is normal and if it is not normal, I hope it is a simple fix.

J

JKDream

Pretty sure the hot oil light is for the automatic transmission, not the engine.

There's one for both.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

It does say in the manual that temperature fluctuations on hills etc is normal.
I can post that snippet as well if needed. It's only an issue if these lights are coming on.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Ive seen mine go up to to 235 going uphill, it was unnerving in the beginning seeing that temp gauge go up and down so much, now, unless it pushes past the 3/4 mark on the temp gauge and stay there, I don't bat an eye...

dillard09

Ive seen mine go up to to 235 going uphill, it was unnerving in the beginning seeing that temp gauge go up and down so much, now, unless it pushes past the 3/4 mark on the temp gauge and stay there, I don't bat an eye...
I use to worry about it too. Now I have a bullydog and have it set up so I can see the coolant temp at all times. It does move quite a bit on the on the bullydog and I can't even see the needle move on the jeep gauge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom