Oil Leak from the passenger side, Oil Coooler V notch is clean

jorgelrod

Hooked
So as I noticed a oil under the jeep and on the transmission this morning. I immediately went and checked the Oil cooler area to see if it has any oil pooled that might indicate the oil cooler failed or wasn't properly installed when it was replaced in December but the area has no oil. I noticed that the oil seems to be leaking from the drivers side, I am attaching a picture and I already scheduled a service visit for Thursday. I mostly work from home so I probably wont use the jeep much until then but was wondering what you guys might think it could be. I've only had this dealer do one Express Oil/Filter change since the repair was done in Orlando while we were visiting my sister in law.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Here are some pics i took

On the second one you can see the area where I think the leak is coming from the driver side of the engine. I don't know why the mobile browser changes my picture orientations

Attachments

• 799A24BE-62E5-4C7D-804C-261A6173D2E2.jpg
    799A24BE-62E5-4C7D-804C-261A6173D2E2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 34
  • ADD45C35-36D6-4E8C-81C2-51709AD82AE3.jpg
    ADD45C35-36D6-4E8C-81C2-51709AD82AE3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2DA89E52-2C2D-4AF4-B3D2-68FEA2C82D0B.jpg
    2DA89E52-2C2D-4AF4-B3D2-68FEA2C82D0B.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
passenger side makes sense since that's where the oil filter cartridge is.

they either didn't install the oil filter cap properly or they cracked the oil filter housing by over-tightening.

There's a gasket on the cap that should have also been replaced with the filter.

clean off the oil, start it up and look for the leak. hopefully it's just the cap not on correctly.

jorgelrod

Hooked
passenger side makes sense since that's where the oil filter cartridge is.

they either didn't install the oil filter cap properly or they cracked the oil filter housing by over-tightening.

There's a gasket on the cap that should have also been replaced with the filter.

clean off the oil, start it up and look for the leak. hopefully it's just the cap not on correctly.

Sorry about the brain fart, I kept saying passenger when I meant drivers side, I fixed it.

Top Bottom