Broken wires on rear differential

Rriggle

I recently was,working on my jeep when i noticed wires hanging off of my frame ,i traced it to my rear diff its the wiring for my elockers i have both lights flashing on my dash . My question is since they are broken right at the differential is there any way to gix them or do i have to tear it down and repair it ont tge inside ...there is only 1/4 inch of wire sticking out

fiend

Caught the Bug
There are wires for the locker and wires for the locker sensor. Which are broken for you?

If the former, you just need the bulkhead connector. That can be replaced without even taking the diff cover off.

If the latter, you need a new sensor/plunger. You will need to remove the axle shafts and carrier in order to replace that. Be sure you install the new plunger before you put the carrier back in. And be sure to keep track of the shim stacks on each side of the carrier and reinstall them the same way they came out .

Of course, this all assumes that you can’t just fix the existing wires with butt end connectors or solder and the 1/4 inch of wire you still have to work with. I’d try that first.

Last edited:

Rriggle

Ok im thinking its the wiring for the locker itself its the connector toward the front of the differential ty for your input though ot is appreciated

fiend

Caught the Bug
That is the locker sensor/plunger. Unfortunately, as I said, fixing that is more complicated.

Rriggle

Ok ty guys for your help i really dont know how it happened i was changing my front track bar and hust happened to look behind me and saw the harness dangling

Rriggle

Well on a side note lol looks like i will be doing a gear change after all lol two birds one stone bring on the 5.13s

Rriggle

My oldest daughter just moveded to fort wayne they are renting a duplex on the west side not to far from the mill

Top Bottom