Advise on MOAB!

JKBANDIT55

So I am heading to MOAB for EJS 22-27th. This is my first time in MOAB and also going to be my longest wheeling trip yet.

We are going to do off the trail camping.

Questions are.

Is there a store close enough to the trails so I wouldnt need to pack all kinds of food for the whole trip? Or can I pack 1-2 days of food and water in a cooler then head back to stock back up?

And gas, Is there a gas station near the trails?

What is the weather like at the end of march?

The reason I ask this is because a buddy told me that moab is starting to grow with more shops and gas stations. And I dont really want to pack A big cooler with food and try to keep it cool with ice for 5 days straight and risk things getting spoiled. Heck If I have to Ill live off beef jerkey and ramen noodles while im there.

Also, The group I am going with have rigs that range from 3" lift with 35s to 37s. We all have rock sliders, most have winches. So What trails would you guys recommend for 1st timers? We want to have fun, not break anything as we have to drive back to CO and also would like to see some cool rock formations and get close to the colorado river.

Anything helps. And thanks:beer:

Oh and one more thing. I am going to be proposing to my GF of 7 years on this trip. If you can recommend a trail that leads to some nice views, I plan on asking her at the top of a trail! Just bought the ring yesterday!!!!

rubicrawl

Dude if you want to propose to your gf go on poison spider and yes gas stations and stores near the trails no need to pack for so many days and do some hiking like island in the sky and delicate arch are a must see hikes and dead horse point and at the bottom of dead horse point there is a cool trail very easy but your at the bottom of the canyon it looks amazing the trail is called shafer trail it starts in canyon lands and its going to become potash rd and come out right next to Colorado river the switchbacks at the beggining are amazing google them and check them out

JKBANDIT55

Dude if you want to propose to your gf go on poison spider and yes gas stations and stores near the trails no need to pack for so many days and do some hiking like island in the sky and delicate arch are a must see hikes and dead horse point and at the bottom of dead horse point there is a cool trail very easy but your at the bottom of the canyon it looks amazing the trail is called shafer trail it starts in canyon lands and its going to become potash rd and come out right next to Colorado river the switchbacks at the beggining are amazing google them and check them out

Thank you soo much! Can my jeep with a 3.5" lift with 35s, track lock limited slip axles make the poison spider trail?

rubicrawl

Thank you soo much! Can my jeep with a 3.5" lift with 35s, track lock limited slip axles make the poison spider trail?

Yes it can and there's some trails where the obsticales are hard but there is a bypass around it so you don't have to do the hard obsticales and check out the slick rock trail area where the lions back is at easy and chill I didn't get to make it there you can get maps in town and it tells you if they are hard moderate or easy and go check out red cliffs lodge resort your probably want to go get married there they do weddings there its breathtaking its in the middle of 2 big red rock walls and right next to the Colorado river if you can stay there see if they have any rooms you can propose there trust me your going to want to

JKBANDIT55

Awesome! Thanks man ill be checking these out for sure. The good thing is, she is super excited about MOAB. She never used to like off roading like I did, now she always wants to go with me and even wants to buy her a 2 door rubi! It would be awesome if she got the jeep mod bug like me then we can both talk jeep all day! Lol

Thanks again. I can't wait to go.!

PurpleHayes519

Awesome! Thanks man ill be checking these out for sure. The good thing is, she is super excited about MOAB. She never used to like off roading like I did, now she always wants to go with me and even wants to buy her a 2 door rubi! It would be awesome if she got the jeep mod bug like me then we can both talk jeep all day! Lol

Thanks again. I can't wait to go.!

We all have our dreams right? I'm into cars as well as Jeeps, hell anything with a motor. Trucks and Jeeps specifically. My girlfriend and I will be walking down the street and I'll stop and stare at whatever it is that caught my attention. She'll get a little angry with me. Not to mention, she wants a Range Rover. Can't say I'm ecstatic about that one!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Congrats! Sound like it's going to be an awesome trip for you. :thumb:

I'm no expert on Moab by any means...I thought Elephant Hill was one of the most beautiful places I've been. But it is a little ways south of Moab.

Hatewagon

Congrats man. My wife and I honeymooned in Moab last year. Poison Spider is a great trail. Its really hard not find anything scenic there.

Big Grocery store in town, and tons of places to eat. Plenty of gas stations in town, nothing really out of town. There is basically Moab and not a damn thing around it for miles.

Ive ran most of the trails there and a JK on 35" tires can pretty much do all of them. Id recommend getting a book with the trails, they give you rankings and GPS coordinates for them. I am sure the Wayalife guys will be doing trail rides all week you can get on as well. Biggest thing is easy on the right pedal and you shouldn't have problems breaking stuff.

Oh and have fun! Unfortunately I won't be making the trip out this year.

Bryan

alpa

I think, the best place to propose on trails in Moab is "Top of the world". Have a good time.
3.jpg .

Top Bottom