weird jolt when city driving and slowing down.

stzd8

I got a 2013 Rubicon on Automatic. Just a week ago did the fluid and filter change on the Engine oil, transmission and Transfer case. I am running around 60k miles now.

My annoyance is when on city driving, you start to move and you know you gotta stop coming up. I usually then let go of the gas pedal to slow down than slamming the brakes and the end. Well, I notice that the jolt still is felt. I believe is usually from 2nd to 1st.

From the automatic transmission oil change I didn't see any shavings or stuff when drained.

I am still trying to figure out if there's something with the drive shaft.

thanks,

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Sounds similar to mine. I am on my third transfer case @ 47000 miles on my 13 JKUR w/ auto. I think the transmission isn't dropping into nuetral. Mine is hardest when shifting into reverse. It keeps working the splines off of the input shaft/gear at the transfer case end. Jack up a rear tire and rotate back and forth to see if you have excess play in the driveline.

Your issue may be related to the fluid change and not the same as mine though.

My fix: getting a JLUR

fiend

Caught the Bug
I got a 2013 Rubicon on Automatic. Just a week ago did the fluid and filter change on the Engine oil, transmission and Transfer case. I am running around 60k miles now.

My annoyance is when on city driving, you start to move and you know you gotta stop coming up. I usually then let go of the gas pedal to slow down than slamming the brakes and the end. Well, I notice that the jolt still is felt. I believe is usually from 2nd to 1st.

From the automatic transmission oil change I didn't see any shavings or stuff when drained.

I am still trying to figure out if there's something with the drive shaft.

thanks,

I can’t understand from this description what the problem is.

Check to be sure you have the right amount of ATF. Not too much, not too little.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Also I always run through half a bottle of Lucas stop slip through each change. It adds some viscosity and helps smoother shifting. Just good preventative care

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

stzd8

fluid level looks good

drove it a bit to make sure temps were on the normal drive conditions and level of atf is good. So far I dont get too worried yet.

Is just when driving, you let go of the gas pedal to let it slow down before using the brakes. Or when I get the gas pedal again.

Is like a bicycle feeling. When u pedal then stop to let it roll some by inertia, then u pedal again but it takes some pedaling to engage.

Top Bottom