King Coilover issues

Cashburn

Just lifted my 2015 JKU IMG_1704.jpg with Rock Krawler 3.5 long arm pro and King CO 2.0’s. Shop installed rear track bar outside of bracket (pic below) on axle side to avoid hitting truss. How sketchy is this? Getting a hard knock in the back over speed bumps and road potholes. Been to two shops up here in Portland and they can’t seem to find the issue. Has anyone else had this kind of problem and can lend some insight? IMG_1703.jpg IMG_1700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gobicon2017

I had a similar issue with a loud bump on right rear. Found shock mount bolts were hitting tub. Placed a piece of mud flap in between shock mount and tub, solved my problem.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I wouldn’t run it that way, but I bet if you buy the none coil over EVO MFG trackbar mount it’ll work. The one that comes with the kit pushes it closer to the axle.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Just lifted my 2015 JKU View attachment 295691 with Rock Krawler 3.5 long arm pro and King CO 2.0’s. Shop installed rear track bar outside of bracket (pic below) on axle side to avoid hitting truss. How sketchy is this? Getting a hard knock in the back over speed bumps and road potholes. Been to two shops up here in Portland and they can’t seem to find the issue. Has anyone else had this kind of problem and can lend some insight?

That looks like a boatload of clearance to me, i would try to put the trackbar in the bracket and test to se if you have any issues with that though.

This is how close my piggy back is to the trackbar bracket:

IMG_5011.jpg

TheGrendel

that's weird. i don't think i'd want that kind of side to side force from the track bar on the outside of a bracket.

Cashburn

Well I got a call from the guy who welded my lift and he said he’s not working at the shop where I had it installed anymore and felt bad about the fact that the lift wasn’t done right. He’s at another shop now and told me that the previous shop owners weren’t letting him do the lift the right way. He’s already made a new frame bracket to balance out the rear track bar and custom bump stop brackets to help with the CO bottoming out. (Figured that one out already myself). I’m glad that he’s coming correct now but I’m pissed at the shop not doing this right the first time. Bastards...

Top Bottom