Rancho lift kit

mforce

I am going with 37 13.50 18 toyo mt. I have a 2016 rubi with hardtop, I am looking at the Rancho kits since they have a great promo running and their quality seems good. I am wondering do I need a 4" lift or will a shorter lift be fine? With the 4" kit will this wear out my driveshaft faster? Will the wear items reek havoc on the wallet or will this be a nice kit for good long term usage? I like to built it once and built it right the first time. I hate rework due to faulty craftsmanship of parts.
I am running 4:10 gears for now with the 37's and yes I am an auto. The rubi has front stubby with a winch and the rear will have bumper with a 37 hanging on a bumper tire carrier. SO, will the 4" possibly drop to a 3.5" after armor/ If so this would help drive line angles wouldn't it?
I have no experience with aftermarket off road arms but do the bushing wear out faster than the stock control arms bushings? Am I right thinking that the Rancho kit is a good quality kit? Better than a Teraflex or JKS? I have the jeep being going on stands this weekend since I am selling parts off of it to fund this adventure. I ran an Eibach kit last time and was possibly looking at something different this time around even though it was a great kit. Also we will be moving west so rock and fire roads are in the future adventures. But this is still a daily driver jku.

Robertcrav

Rancho is better than Teraflex but I would put JKS above them, depending on which kit, their arms use Johnny Joints which are the benchmark. If you are not running cut fender flares or flat flares/tube flares you will need a 4" kit to clear 37s. If you run cut flares or aftermarket you could get away with less lift but will need to make sure you are properly bump stopped to keep the tire out of the metal.

Id cut the stock flares and run one of the 3" Evo enforcer stages...you could get away with the stage 1.

For 37s Id add c gussets to the front 44...and save up for a replacement housing if you wheel hard

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
You aren't going to find quality with teraflex, so based on your first post, you can cross that off the list. Anything over 2.5 inches of lift will put the front driveshaft boot in a bind and it will eventually tear. Also, Rancho is a supporting advertiser here on the forum.

mforce

You aren't going to find quality with teraflex, so based on your first post, you can cross that off the list. Anything over 2.5 inches of lift will put the front driveshaft boot in a bind and it will eventually tear. Also, Rancho is a supporting advertiser here on the forum.

Teraflex is gone! Teraflex very popular around here. I really like the price and the quality of Rancho seems good. I was leaning on the 4" short arm Crawler kit so that I can keep the stock fenders. Less expensive to keep the stock fenders than buy new metal ones and have painted to match. Wife said they have to match like the current ones do! Will the 4" Rancho droop under the weight of the bumpers and rear tire to bring me closer to a 3.5" lift? I like the progressive springs for sure. Thank you for your input as I feel I have looked to long at lift kits this time around.

avstec

With a 4" lift, you will definitely want to budget for a new front drive shaft in the near future. You can always trim your stock fenders and run a 3" lift kit. I find it extremely valuable to check out the members build section to get great ideas and information on different lifts. Goodluck with your lift 🍺

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

mforce

Am I going to much lift with 4”? I would rather stay at 3-3.5” but the 4” crawler seems to be a complete kit.

Top Bottom