Suggestions - JKU Radiator Replacement

RioGrandeJK

Hey everyone,

So I noticed coolant leaking out of the drivers side of my radiator at the crimp. Where plastic meets aluminum. I was going to let my extended warranty through my insurance cover it but I don't want another OEM/Mopar radiator with the plastic ends. Also not sure if my fan is functioning properly. I checked the fuse but not the relay yet...not sure the temp that it comes on at either...200*F?

The Flex-a-lite combo with the high flow fan looks awesome but I just cant spend over $1k on a radiator right now. Does anyone have good recommendations for a replacement radiator? I've got a 2014 JKU Manual trans.

Thanks!

Ddays

Hooked
Hey everyone,

So I noticed coolant leaking out of the drivers side of my radiator at the crimp. Where plastic meets aluminum. I was going to let my extended warranty through my insurance cover it but I don't want another OEM/Mopar radiator with the plastic ends. Also not sure if my fan is functioning properly. I checked the fuse but not the relay yet...not sure the temp that it comes on at either...200*F?

The Flex-a-lite combo with the high flow fan looks awesome but I just cant spend over $1k on a radiator right now. Does anyone have good recommendations for a replacement radiator? I've got a 2014 JKU Manual trans.

Thanks!

It seems like the aftermarker rads are a hit or miss deal. There's a lot of bad things said about the aluminum replacements: fit/leaks/brackets don't line up, etc. I'm in a '14 also I'v replaced mine twice now. First replacement was a cheapo I got from Quadratec and it lasted a year before it started leaking on both sides. I just replaced it a couple weeks ago with a Mopar rad. Hoping it lasts more than a year. You sure about the fan not working? These do tend to run pretty hot but that's by design. The same 3.6 in my Durango runs 25* cooler.

As much as you don't want to, I'd go with a Mopar and hope for the best.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, same shit here. Replaced my factory with over 100,000 mile and at 40,000 found a leak in the CSF one from Quadratec. Just got a free replacement the other day. Of course I gotta eat my labor, coolant and fuck with that this weekend instead going on a cool trip with some wayalifer's!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

Man, same shit here. Replaced my factory with over 100,000 mile and at 40,000 found a leak in the CSF one from Quadratec. Just got a free replacement the other day. Of course I gotta eat my labor, coolant and fuck with that this weekend instead going on a cool trip with some wayalifer's!

Mine developed a leak, replaced with a Mishimoto one and it lasted 8 months. They sent a new one but I just replaced with another factory one.

Exodus 4x4

Crush them before you put them in. With aluminum radiators it’s not if but when will they leak. Just use a couple. It’s crushed walnut and people have been using it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RioGrandeJK

Crush them before you put them in. With aluminum radiators it’s not if but when will they leak. Just use a couple. It’s crushed walnut and people have been using it for years.

That’s pretty cool. I’ve always been hesitant to ass a stop leak product...just don’t want to make a problem worse. I’ll pick these up to keep in the tool kit.

Sahara_Maverick

Mine also have a very small leak somewhere in the radiator that I still need to locate. I see the drip when I park and the coolant slowly going down.

Are these stop leak products really safe and will not screw up the pump or clog something else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Mine also have a very small leak somewhere in the radiator that I still need to locate. I see the drip when I park and the coolant slowly going down.

Are these stop leak products really safe and will not screw up the pump or clog something else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don’t generally suggest using something that will make things worse. Long story but GM recommended using them with some of their engines. They’re not going to clog anything up.

jesse3638

Hooked

On my old Titan I had the radiator replaced by the dealer. Cost me over $800 for OEM and labor. 13 months later it was leaking. Warranty was for 12 that's always my luck. Found a replacement at Oreily for under $200 with a lifetime warranty and it took me less than an hour to change. A week later it was leaking. They gave me a replacement free but had to eat the cost of coolant. 4 years later it was still working great. May want to check Oreily as a lifetime warranty is nice especially as it seems it will leak again.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom