2013 JKU Popping noise behind the glovebox

We-B-Jeep-N

So just recently we heard a loud repetitive popping noise coming from behind the glovebox in our 2013 JKU. When I removed the box I could see the fresh air and recirculation vent. When the vent moves to the closed position the vent motor begins popping. As if it is skipping a gear. Was wondering if anybody else has had this issue and how they got to the motor without pulling the dash. The motor is located on the right side of the vent box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CharlesC

Yep, that’s exactly what is happening. If I remember reading right, I believe another WAL member had pulled the positive cable and did a reset. That re-times the gear motors possibly? -Not for sure though-

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We-B-Jeep-N

Thank you for the reply. What I did notice as well is my control console also does not work when I turn the key on. The rear window defrost light will flash for almost a minute while the blend doors and indoor outdoor motors all cycle. When this light stops flashing everything will function as normal. I will try the battery terminal removal and see what happens. I want to replace the the control knobs but someone said they have to be programmed.

boardsurfer

Thank you for the reply. What I did notice as well is my control console also does not work when I turn the key on. The rear window defrost light will flash for almost a minute while the blend doors and indoor outdoor motors all cycle. When this light stops flashing everything will function as normal. I will try the battery terminal removal and see what happens. I want to replace the the control knobs but someone said they have to be programmed.

A lot of people experience this (myself included) and I have yet to read a solution. Please let us now if you come up with anything.

Top Bottom