Suggestions for better inline air gauge

MericaMade

I got the Smittybilt 5.56 CFM air compressor and pretty happy with it expect for the fact the air pressure gauge is way off. Do you guys have a suggestion for a better inline tire gauge I can use with the compressor?

black pearl

Hooked
Yeah that gage reads line pressure. I just shut it of to get a accurate reading, but I've also used it enough to know the pressure difference in the readings and can shut it down usually right where I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Yeah that gage reads line pressure. I just shut it of to get a accurate reading, but I've also used it enough to know the pressure difference in the readings and can shut it down usually right where I want it.

Yeah mine reads 50 PSI until the tire is actually at 50psi. So from 15-50 PSI its a straight guess. I have to unscrew the hose and take a reading with a different gauge. I was hoping there was a better inline connector.

black pearl

Hooked
Yeah mine reads 50 PSI until the tire is actually at 50psi. So from 15-50 PSI its a straight guess. I have to unscrew the hose and take a reading with a different gauge. I was hoping there was a better inline connector.

Oh mine doesn't do that. Mine just reads about 13psi higher that what is actually in the tire.
Wouldn't surprise me if the gauge was bad, given the low end components that are used from factory.

Five-N9ne

McMaster Carr might have something that'll work. Generally for industrial applications so more than likely more accurate than one meant for tire pressures.

We are finalizing some programming on our Air Command but sounds like it could help you. Literally a device you can hook up to all 4 tires, connect air system of choice and open an app. Preprogrammed settings and push air up (or down) and it stops at the set pressure! No guess work. Oh and no breaking your back while you hold the hose and check the guage[emoji12][emoji119]

mauijim

We are finalizing some programming on our Air Command but sounds like it could help you. Literally a device you can hook up to all 4 tires, connect air system of choice and open an app. Preprogrammed settings and push air up (or down) and it stops at the set pressure! No guess work. Oh and no breaking your back while you hold the hose and check the guage[emoji12][emoji119]

[emoji1360][emoji1360]

wjtstudios

Hooked

Very cool. I bought at 4 tire fill system a couple years ago but the gauge sucks that was built into it. It’s a great idea, can wait to see your version of it. I had bought the other one after endlessly trying to get all four tires to the same air pressure, (that damn little ARB TPMS Gauge was driving me crazy) it was impossible without have all four tires hooked up to the air source at the same time. Cant wait to see it.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug

That sounds really cool, I'll be interested to see it in action!

Top Bottom