Evo Front lowers

resqman911

Question for those of you running Evo Control arms. What prevents the axle side Johnny Joint from rotating in the sleeve? The pinch bolt prevents the sleeve from spinning but nothing prevents the joint from rotating back and forth, is that the point or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I slathered mine with anti seize so the joints at both ends go all whompus and never stay straight. They can’t turn any further than the mounting ears so I gave up straightening them with a screwdriver.

resqman911

Zimm that makes me feel better because I look at the front of my Jeep and the joints are never straight, just wasn’t sure if this was by design

Last edited:

thombull

It's the same way with the sway bar links, they just turn to what ever side they want to. It's not a big deal really, just looks like something is messed up...lol. I've had a couple of different people tell me, hey there's something going on here with this thing, it's all twisted, lol....

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Mine are the same way. I’ve straightened them out twice but one trip into town and they’re all twisted up again. They’re not hitting anything so I gave up.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Mine do the same thing. Do yourself a favor and put some anti-seize on the threads on the collar and joints as Zimm did. I didn't initially and my lower rear control arms are completely seized.

Top Bottom