Rubicon e-lockers

Guascone

Hi, is there a way to block the rubicon e-lockers with the high range gears?

Yesterday I was in the snow and to climb a ramp it was useful to have both axle blocked but with high range gears...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

Yesterday I was in the snow and to climb a ramp it was useful to have both axle blocked but with high range gears...

I think their is a programmer that does it, superchips I believe. The other way is to run a second switch that triggers the relay. It isn't hard. If you Google you can find it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug

You want to have them “locked” in 4hi? You can use a Superchips Flashcal to engage the lockers in 4hi, depending on your year model and transmission you can also shift into a higher gear and get some more wheel speed, with my old ‘13 manual i would put it in 4th gear 4lo and it was almost like was in 1st gear 4hi.

BobNH

There are probably hundreds of write ups on this, it has to do with a few changes under the hood for the marginally technically inclined. Relays and bypasses iirc. I have not bothered to look into it because I can't think of a time where I would need lockers and not 4lo.
But the info is out there, and does not require buying a programmer to do it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Guascone

I can understand your doubt, but you have to consider that I have a CRD...the maximum RPM range is lower than a gasoline engine also with higer gear ratio...with 4LO at 4 gear, with 3000 RPM ( close to the max engine RPM) I can’t go faster then 10/15 m/h...so you can image that sometime if I need more speed, I must use the 4hi...

BobNH

I can understand your doubt, but you have to consider that I have a CRD...the maximum RPM range is lower than a gasoline engine also with higer gear ratio...with 4LO at 4 gear, with 3000 RPM ( close to the max engine RPM) I can’t go faster then 10/15 m/h...so you can image that sometime if I need more speed, I must use the 4hi...

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We-B-Jeep-N

I just wired mine to separate switches. They only take 12v to engage them. I did this so I can have them on when ever I chose or so I can have the front active only or just the rear only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We-B-Jeep-N

Interesting! Can you still see the light on the dashboard?

The light in the dashboard is just an open/closed contact plunger that is mounted on the diff housing below the e-locker power plug. Mine is not connected because I don’t like the orange lights on my dash. Not sure what the light does if you wire the locker plug direct. What I suspect is factory has a relay that when you push the locker button it sends 1 leg of power through the plunger and when the locker engages it closes the plunger circuit and lights the light. It wouldn’t be difficult to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom