Pulled the trigger on the ACE Engineering Tire carrier questions on Rotopax

jorgelrod

Hooked
I bought the ACE Stand Alone Tire Carrier for the jeep and I've seen the videos in the install. It talkative about the rotopax mounts and I haven't found any documentation but I figure the mounts must fit the 2 gallon rotopax caddies. Most fuel caddies for the rear like the AEV and Titan are 10 gallons. Any amount of extra fuel is always good, but is 4 gallons really going to make enough of a difference to run fuel caddies vs water or something else? As I start venturing more into road trips that might involve running of the beaten path I start thinking about these things.

OhNoTheJiggies

So I haven't seen anything about the mounting of rotopax to the ace tire carrier specifically. There are other ways like the strap onto the tire with mounts... And then the center tire types like the one in this picture.
Image1520805351.995800.jpg
Obviously just a Google image but just to get the point across.
Also... Just a shameless plug, if you want a matching ace pro series stinger front bumper for $250, im in the florida panhandle ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
So I haven't seen anything about the mounting of rotopax to the ace tire carrier specifically. There are other ways like the strap onto the tire with mounts... And then the center tire types like the one in this picture.
View attachment 296002
Obviously just a Google image but just to get the point across.
Also... Just a shameless plug, if you want a matching ace pro series stinger front bumper for $250, im in the florida panhandle ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I guess I'll wait till it gets here and see. I'm running the rear Hard Rock bumper, but thanks!

Rayford85

Yeah I had that carrier. Ended up throwing it in the trash. The hinges are a horrible design and rattle constantly. But it does hold 2 of the 2 gallon rotopax between the tire and the rear window of the jeep. If you have a hard top don't buy locking rotopax mounts, ace has the cans sitting so close to the glass your rear wiper won't work if you use the locks on the mounts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rayford85

How do you like it?
IMG_20170813_160303.jpg

Honestly it's a pile of crap. Not trying to piss you off or anything, just being honest. Here's a pic of it cracked from all the shaking/rattling around it does. Granted they did warranty it but the new one did the same thing. If you plan on using it I would for sure look for some shoulder bolts that hold the carrier on because the ones that come with it are quite a bit smaller than the hinges.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

bguerrero

Makes sense. I'll wait until it arrives and work from there. Thanks for the input.

I have the Ace Stand Alone Tire Carrier, no issues with it, rattle free with a 40/ATX Slabs. The problem I had when installing it was trying to get the heim properly adjusted. You have to adjust the heim to where the carrier is snug against the tailgate or it will rattle.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have the Ace Stand Alone Tire Carrier, no issues with it, rattle free with a 40/ATX Slabs. The problem I had when installing it was trying to get the heim properly adjusted. You have to adjust the heim to where the carrier is snug against the tailgate or it will rattle.

Ace will only rate it to a 37, it's good to see it will hold a 40.

Top Bottom