Engine oil leak

rogerk93

A few days ago I noticed engine oil all over the transmission pan and bell housing I thought it was just old oil I might of spilled while doing my last oil change, but I checked my engine oil today and noticed it was low. I added a full quart of oil in it and going to keep an eye on it but any idea where it can be from?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

A few days ago I noticed engine oil all over the transmission pan and bell housing I thought it was just old oil I might of spilled while doing my last oil change, but I checked my engine oil today and noticed it was low. I added a full quart of oil in it and going to keep an eye on it but any idea where it can be from?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Rear main seal would be my guess based on where the oil is sitting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I had the same issue and it was the oil pan gasket, It did look like a rear main but ti was not. It was leaking from the rear corner were it bolts to the transmission.

Attachments

• photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 99
  • maxresdefault (2).jpg
    maxresdefault (2).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 120
  • maxresdefault (1).jpg
    maxresdefault (1).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 116

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
^^Thats my exact guess.
Same thing happened to me. I had a puddle of engine oil underneath the oil filter housing. Thats what it ended up being. If you’re still under 100k miles. You should be able to get it warrantied.

Top Bottom