Aftermarket brake pads

Looking for opinions of the best brake pads for a stock application. Should I go back to Mopar pads? What are experience with others? I’ve had some ceramic pads from Advance Auto Parts on for a while. They produce a lot more brake dust than my previous pads which I’m not crazy about.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WW_Svi

If you really want to go with aftermarket pads look up name brands and not auto parts store brands. The name brands will give you specs for brake performance, noise, dust, etc. these will likely cost more but you get what you pay for.

RocknJK

On my second set of Hawk pads. Not sure if they’re better then stock pads. They do make some squeaking noise from time to time. I’ll be trying something different when these are done.

BumblebeeZA

I have used the follow so far.
Ate
Ferodo
Metelli (Just installed them like 500kms ago)
Blue Print (Just installed them like 500kms ago)

So far all have served me perfectly well.
Metelli I put in front and Blue Print are in the rear
These are all the autoshop had in stock so I thought Ill give them ago anyway.
They were extremely well priced too.

Im sure aftermarket pads are just as good as OEM but if you wanna rather be safe than sorry, then you will never go wrong with OEM, just be prepared to pay a higher price.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I also went with hawk pads and they were a bit more expensive. I've been impressed with the performance.

BobNH

I had to do both pads and rotors on the rear of mine last month and went with the powerstop z16 kit. They seem very good after 3000 miles so far. I had put about 35k on the last rears that were on it when I bought it, hut they weren't mopar either.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I changed my factory rear at 60,000. I just changed front and rear at around 138,000. I have only used the OEM replacement from Auto zone. No problems, squeaks nothing. Cheap!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom