2013 JKU with 84k miles

TomDabb

I rotated tires and discovered today the front hubs and bearing starting to go. Running just 33” Mickey T’s and a 2 3/4” budget lift.
Back tires put on the front, it now has a slight noticeable shake to the wheel around 50mph.
Bummer that this need to be replaced so soon, right?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Altering suspension height and or steering angles can have this effect. Now if it was stock and this happened, then sure.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

black pearl

Hooked
I think it depends on how much hard use the jeep gets. I think about and check mine every tire rotation and I'm shy of 30k. But I make the jeep work often and have a tendency to drive like I'm sponsored.

TomDabb

Thanks for the quick feed back.
It rarely sees anything but asphalt, said to say. I’m rethinking ditching the tires, fronts have 30k, rears 15k bc the wear may be contributing as much to hub and bearing extra deterioration.
This summer I’ll replace all four with a less aggressive tire combination. Like an AT rather than the M/T’s but I don’t want to lose the height or width.
Any suggestions?

J

JKDream

Altering suspension height and or steering angles can have this effect. Now if it was stock and this happened, then sure.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

What? Lift height has no effect on wheel bearings on a solid axle.

Top Bottom