LED bulb upgrade?

Choobys

Hi All! I am a proud owner of a JL Sport Unlimited! There are so many things I would like to upgrade. But the first one I want to tackle is my halogen lights? Are there any LED bulbs worth buying right now? Or should I wait until all the aftermarkets catch up? Thanks in advance!

Jackal01

Curious why you didn't buy the LED package knowing you'd replace lights.

Edit: is the package only available on Rubicon or Sahara?

I don't have any input on replacing lights. You could be the guinea pig and try some 7" lights if they are still 7".

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Choobys

Welp... as expected I don't have a lot of options. Just a couple of bulb replacements or buy the oem. Apparently the JL bulb comes out as one big housing. So its going to be interesting how the aftermarkets will respond.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Welp... as expected I don't have a lot of options. Just a couple of bulb replacements or buy the oem. Apparently the JL bulb comes out as one big housing. So its going to be interesting how the aftermarkets will respond.

Is it a 7” round housing? That’s what is in a JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

I just watched both vids on bulb install. Completely different housings.

Ah, yeah. I see.

IMG_1429.jpg

You could try just replacing the bulb, or pony up for those expensive Jeep brand ones. Who knows how expensive a good set of aftermarket lights will be, when they hit the market.

JAGS

Hooked
^i got to think a full housing replacement is going to be a pretty penny.

I’ve seen one manufacture with a complete swap of bulbs for the JL. Front/rear/sides. Pick and choose. But I have no idea on quality so won’t post any links here yet. If you know how to google, you’ll find em.

In my opinion the JL halogens are way better than the stock JK. Noticeably better. I’ll be going with a bulb swaps for the front which should improve even more from the halogens. Just waiting for more reviews and some competition.

notnalc68

^i got to think a full housing replacement is going to be a pretty penny.

I’ve seen one manufacture with a complete swap of bulbs for the JL. Front/rear/sides. Pick and choose. But I have no idea on quality so won’t post any links here yet. If you know how to google, you’ll find em.

In my opinion the JL halogens are way better than the stock JK. Noticeably better. I’ll be going with a bulb swaps for the front which should improve even more from the halogens. Just waiting for more reviews and some competition.

I’d suspect they’d be expensive. Mopar replacements are too, I’m sure. I’ll be ordering mine with factory LED.

JAGS

Hooked
The mopar front LEDs will be available in June/July. Prices I’ve seen put them around $800.

I’ve also read that other popular LED manufactures are in the works on a bracket and harness so that previous 7” headlights will work on the JL.

Upgrade bulbs are available, but still slim picking and the resistor situations are still being refined for the front lights. I guess mopar decided to do several configurations on the fender lights so model option require different fixes.

Top Bottom