Looking at a mid 90's grand cherokee

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm getting ready to sell my motorcycle and pick up a grand Cherokee. Most of the ones in my area and price range are just over 200k miles. Anything specific I should look for those of you that have owned these? Any help would be appreciated! 🍺

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

The alarm systems liked to drain the battery. I know a lot of ZJ guys just rip the alarm out. Other then that, I'm not sure of many issues with them. In snowy climates the doors were subject to rusting pretty badly and could actually fall off the vehicle, but that is very very rare that it's been reported.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
The thing looked great, sounded great, and ran great. I'll be picking it up sometime in the next week. Didn't snap any pictures but it's exactly like this one. 14161993_1.jpg

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
The alarm systems liked to drain the battery. I know a lot of ZJ guys just rip the alarm out. Other then that, I'm not sure of many issues with them. In snowy climates the doors were subject to rusting pretty badly and could actually fall off the vehicle, but that is very very rare that it's been reported.
Update, I fucking hate the alarm system. I have to unlock the trunk first or it will start yelling at me. Think I'm just gonna ground the system out.

1995. I know it will start going off if unlocking the door doesn't trigger the interior lights. I can't leave it unlocked though because I have a sub in the rear though lol.

Add an aftermarket remote start or power lock system. Leave the Jeep system unlocked and use the aftermarket to lock/ unlock. I never had success trying to bypass the thing. You’ll still need the Jeep remote when Batt dies and things otherwise ignore it. Plus remote start is nice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom