Pr44u

Macaroni14jk

Will EVO coilovers bolt up to a PR44U without any issues? I’ve received mixed reviews that they will work and that they won’t work. I do know that brackets that came with the kit do not line up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Macaroni14jk

EVO bolt on. I had a D30 and upgraded to the PR44U. The brackets don’t line up like they did on the old even with some minor modifications. The stock lower shock mounts on the PR44 are about twice as thick as stock and slightly more outward. I was wondering if those could be used unless there is a mysterious bracket out there that I don’t know about

benatc1

Hooked
I’m pretty sure the PR44u Unlimited has shock mounts that are welded on more outboard so that your shocks or coil overs have more room to flex in regards to the frame. They mount bracket should be a normal shock mount width. Just thicker brackets for added strength.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
EVO bolt on. I had a D30 and upgraded to the PR44U. The brackets don’t line up like they did on the old even with some minor modifications. The stock lower shock mounts on the PR44 are about twice as thick as stock and slightly more outward. I was wondering if those could be used unless there is a mysterious bracket out there that I don’t know about

There is a bracket used for the factory axle when installing the bolt on coilovers, but you shouldn't need to use it for the Prorock.

Macaroni14jk

The bracket that came with the bolt on coil over kit does not allow you to use the spacers on both sides of the coil over on the bottom. That is why I’m asking if the shock mounts are sufficient enough

Macaroni14jk

I’m pretty sure the PR44u Unlimited has shock mounts that are welded on more outboard so that your shocks or coil overs have more room to flex in regards to the frame. They mount bracket should be a normal shock mount width. Just thicker brackets for added strength.

That’s what I was thinking but needed a second opinion. Thank you.

Macaroni14jk

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I’ll reach out to them and see what they say. Thanks for all your help on this. Any way you could send a pic showing the back of the bracket? Seeing if mine could be welded on.

Not on hand, but I can take one tomorrow. There was a guy on here that grinded off his factory bracket and moved it, that was also a PR60. Still not sure why he did it.. Anyway, I think you should be fine with the PR44U brackets when installing the coilovers. Call EVO MFG if you have questions about the install, they are ridiculously helpful

Macaroni14jk

Not on hand, but I can take one tomorrow. There was a guy on here that grinded off his factory bracket and moved it, that was also a PR60. Still not sure why he did it.. Anyway, I think you should be fine with the PR44U brackets when installing the coilovers. Call EVO MFG if you have questions about the install, they are ridiculously helpful

Ok, cool. I appreciate the help. I’ll reach out to Drew and see what he says.

Top Bottom