Winch for Factory JL steel Bumper

Geronimo

I looked and did not find a thread here about winch options for the Factory steel bumper so I hope this is not a retread.

I had a Superwinch Talon 12K synthetic on our 2015 JKUR. That rig was rolled and totaled and I salvaged the winch and had planned to use it with the JL or our 2013 JKU. The JL is definitely out of the question, My wife liked the factory steel bumpers so that's the way we went. It is her daily driver and wheeling machine.

We wheel solo 90% of the time so a solid winch is a must have item. The Mopar winch carrier plate restricts your winch selections in a very serious way. In fact if you waste the money on the Mopar plate your restricted to an 8K mopar Warn winch pretty much. However JCR has a mounting plate that will allow you to mount the Zeon winch series and a slew of others in that factory bumper. They have a great install video showing that install without any real issues at all installing the Zeon 10S.

I ordered up my Zeon 10s and the JCR mounting plate with confidence in fit-up. Not bad price on mounting plate either.

I hope someone may save a few trips to UPS (for returns) with this information.

Now all I need is our JL to take the train home so I can get wrenching.

Cheers

Geronimo

I looked at the Rusty's and believe they are a stout product. Problem being is a Warn Zeon series is way out of the spec he lists on his site for fitment, by about 5 inches.

After carefully looking at the way the JCR sets between the frame rails and with the break-over lip on leading and trailing edges I will give it a chance. I can Tig some additional beef into it if I notice a bit too much flex in the plate. I appreciate the feedback for sure and will be ready with welder and plate in hand if need be.

Never had an in the bumper winch before, always ran Poison Spyder Brawlers and EVO on our other Jeeps.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
So the JL Steel Bumper is different than the JK 10A Steel Bumper? I was assuming that they were the same. Does anyone know if the JL Steel Bumper will fit on a JK?

Exodus 4x4

So the JL Steel Bumper is different than the JK 10A Steel Bumper? I was assuming that they were the same. Does anyone know if the JL Steel Bumper will fit on a JK?

Everything’s plastic on it. Pretty sure the JK steel bumper won’t bolt on since none of the other stuff will.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

Hey man. I have JCR. Not proud of it. I have a Warn Zeon 10 S also. It does not properly fit and I had to do a lot of hack sawing with a very tiny hand saw. It was very tedious and not fun. I'd recommend canceling that JCR order if I were you. I would never buy a product from them again. Not helpful when you call them and instructions are absolutely USELESS.

Geronimo

Hey man. I have JCR. Not proud of it. I have a Warn Zeon 10 S also. It does not properly fit and I had to do a lot of hack sawing with a very tiny hand saw. It was very tedious and not fun. I'd recommend canceling that JCR order if I were you. I would never buy a product from them again. Not helpful when you call them and instructions are absolutely USELESS.

The following is a factory bulletin from WARN Winches. I could not post the PDF file but this is whats in it. It is a Warn carrier plate that will mount the Zeon series and platinum Zeon winches . No trimming and no grill contact.

FACTORY BULLETIN NEW PRODUCT RELEASE Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon OE Bumper Winch Carrier
Warn is excited to introduce a winch carrier engineered specifically for the Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Bumper (This winch-ready bumper is an optional accessory for Jeep JL and identified by the removable center cover and outer wings).

PN 101255 Jeep JL Rubicon OE Winch Carrier

PN 101255

Description MTG KIT JL RUBI OE CARRIER PLT
Shipping Weight (lbs) 39.2
Package Dim (in) L x W x D 36.1 x 12.5 x 9.5
Pricing USD (CAD) UMP Price $249.99 ($327.49)

UPC 0012748055945

Order Date: 3/20/2018

In-Stock Date: 3/20/2018

As the industry leader, Warn conducts pull testing on every winch carrier and bumper to ensure rigidity in the most demanding recovery conditions.

Features and Benefits - Strictly engineered and certified to withstand 12,000 lb pulls, higher than any competition - Positions winch to improve airflow and delivers ZERO INTERFERENCE with the grille - Constructed with ¼”-thick steel - Easy to install with no cutting, grinding, or drilling - Designed, tested, and manufactured in the USA

Winch Fitment: Warn ZEON, Mopar Rubicon Winch, ZEON Platinum, VR, M8, and XD9

Geronimo

If anybody is interested I called WARN factory to confirm. Ph# 800-543-9276.

The plate was just released on March 20. It sold out and more available on March 30. They are tested to 12 K pull and will take all the Zeon winches.

Top Bottom