Evo rear corners with genright tire carrier

silverbackjk

I am looking to get a set of the Evo corners. My question is will carrier and cornors work together? Not sure with the genright carrier the latch side has a plate That would need to go over the corner armor. Also how hard is the corner install? If anyone has this combo please pot up a few pics for me.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
For curiosities sake, why EVO corners and not the EVO carrier?

x2 on this. Im sure you could get them to work together however with some mods to it. I know the genright weighs a lot less than the evo carrier but yeah if I was going to go through the work to put the corners on, I would end up getting the evo carrier. I personally have the genright on its way....if it ever ships lol. I did that to save weight and not needing corners for it, plus I dont see myself going above a 35 for a long time.

biggy

I have seen the genright carrier used with other types of corners so it should work but you will have to do some hacking and cutting for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

msax

From the looks of it the genright attaches to the factory hinges. Only need to drill into driver side panel to attach latch so should work with the evo corners.

silverbackjk

From the looks of it the genright attaches to the factory hinges. Only need to drill into driver side panel to attach latch so should work with the evo corners.

Yea i not sure how the side that opens would attach to the corner.

FoxC

You would really have to trim a significant oval section out of the latch plate on the genright carrier to get it to fit the evo corner tail light on the driver side. This might be possible though. I've talked with GenRight a few times and their tech service was always friendly and helpful. Give them a shout, I'm sure they will have an answer for you. Or Evo for that matter...:yup: Let us know what you find out...:beer:

silverbackjk

You would really have to trim a significant oval section out of the latch plate on the genright carrier to get it to fit the evo corner tail light on the driver side. This might be possible though. I've talked with GenRight a few times and their tech service was always friendly and helpful. Give them a shout, I'm sure they will have an answer for you. Or Evo for that matter...:yup: Let us know what you find out...:beer:

I was thinking of cutting the latch tabs off the plate and welding it in the evo cornors. Think this would work.

biggy

I was thinking of cutting the latch tabs off the plate and welding it in the evo cornors. Think this would work.

I saw that done with some ps corners and it looked really good. That should work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
I am looking to get a set of the Evo corners. My question is will carrier and cornors work together? Not sure with the genright carrier the latch side has a plate That would need to go over the corner armor. Also how hard is the corner install? If anyone has this combo please pot up a few pics for me.

I ran the Genright carrier on my two door JK and was interested in the same thing.. Just another option to consider, but why not have similar brackets welded to the EVO corners before you send them to powdercoat? You could eliminate the plate all together and just have the carrier mount directly to the skin. No real need for the plate if you have the EVO skins installed. They are proven to hold the weight of the carrier.

I have seen EVO do something similar for a customer, only difference is that it was the OR-Fab carrier with EVO corners.

silverbackjk

I ran the Genright carrier on my two door JK and was interested in the same thing.. Just another option to consider, but why not have similar brackets welded to the EVO corners before you send them to powdercoat? You could eliminate the plate all together and just have the carrier mount directly to the skin. No real need for the plate if you have the EVO skins installed. They are proven to hold the weight of the carrier.

I have seen EVO do something similar for a customer, only difference is that it was the OR-Fab carrier with EVO corners.

This is what i plan on doing to get a clean look.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Isn't EVO a dealer for Genright parts? Call them and ask them what the best way to do it is. I'm sure your not the first person to ask them and you won't be the last.

Whatever you find out be sure to let the rest of us know. But I think that welding the bracket onto the corner would be best.

silverbackjk

Isn't EVO a dealer for Genright parts? Call them and ask them what the best way to do it is. I'm sure your not the first person to ask them and you won't be the last.

Whatever you find out be sure to let the rest of us know. But I think that welding the bracket onto the corner would be best.

I'll put a call in to them this afternoon. I will post up what they think will work best. I will also post pics of the finished product.

TrailReady

Caught the Bug

Also a great idea lol.. Leave it to the pros!

Top Bottom