Advice w/ selling girlfriend's 2002 TJ sport

Chris1015

I'd like to say I AM NOT trying to sell this Jeep on here! I am only trying to get advice from you guys to help add to her listing to resell the Jeep in a much fairer way than was done to her. Nothing about this was smart. It's totally odd and dumb. Buyer beware unfortunately.

The goal of this thread is to take your inputs if you were looking to buy this TJ what is it that you would want to know? What would you be asking? What is the ad missing? She put it together yesterday on her own and it contains no useful information. If anything, I believe it would scare away anyone looking.

With that said, I actually like the Jeep minus a few features. I've only seen it one time in person, in the dark, and was cold outside. Not the best look. It's been in a shop for weeks. I wish she could keep it. I'll post some pictures she took from the ad.

Her original car got totalled this winter and she bought this TJ for around 10k. It was a colossal mistake and she has been very upset about it. Transmission went within the first 3 days. (Seller agreed to pay half to replace it and since has been replaced. No clue what type it is.)

I've never sold a vehicle or bought a used vehicle. Then again I'm only on my second vehicle in my life. This is her third vehicle. When I did attempt to sell a car online once I made the ad as simple as this. Included all the important info about the car and its specs, took plenty of pictures at all angles and close, didnt add "drives great. Great work car, etc." Just kept it simple with the facts. To me, that makes the ad sound credible and to the point. Like I'm not being deceived like many of the ads seem to me.

Here's what I dont like about the ad/Jeep:
•no rear photos, photos are bad in general
•bumper blocks the fog lights
•The tires are totally worn down
•Spare on back is stock, doesn't match the other 4 tires
•Fenders
•Winch isn't a Warn, no idea of pull cap. Etc. No idea of brand. It does work.
•Wheels (no idea of size)
•dont know size of tires, need to be replaced anyway
•rear bumper is rusted

What I do like:
•Its a TJ
•It looks like a beast up in person lol
•Color, I think its patriot blue after doing a google search
•Light bar works I think, no clue of the brand

I think she needs to add the name and size of the suspension, brands of the fenders light bar winch tires and wheels. What else can be added? What else would you be asking or want to know?

Screenshot_20180326-170106_Samsung+Internet.jpg Screenshot_20180326-170204_Samsung+Internet.jpg Screenshot_20180326-170159_Samsung+Internet.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked
From just looking at the pictures the wheels look like KMC Rock Stars, the fender flares look like Bush Wacker Pocket Flares and that’s a lot of info that seems kinda irrelevant for an add to me. Some of it is good but you’re probably going to loose most interested people right off the bat.

Edit: oh and the front bumper looks like a Smitty Built

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom