Best Top vs Rampage

Nik DMB

Hi all - I am looking to replace my factory soft top on my JK - This factory top has lasted 10 years!

Best top vs Rampage & Frameless vs frame???

I’ve read a lot of reviews on both tops but would love to hear pros & cons from anyone who has had either.

I love the Sunrider feature on the best top & the dark tinted windows.

I like the window compartment on the Rampage but it’s not a deal breaker.

I love the safari look on both.

When I take the top completely off is it difficult? I know on the frameless it doesn’t fold back neatly in the trunk so it it a pain to take it off & how does it come off - snaps, straps, zippers?

Thank you ahead of time for your advise.

I have both for my 2 door, I have a factory Sunrider top & I have the rampage frameless top (fastback style).

While I like both tops, the reason I’m now selling my rampage top is bc I like to go completely topless most of the time but still have the security of knowing I can flip the factory top on if needed.

In order to have that with the frameless top, you’d have to drive around with the frameless top lying open in the back.

I was always worried about someone grabbing it out of my jeep with it just lying there. With the factory top, it’s at least still connected to the jeep.

Also, and this is just a matter of opinion, I think the fastback look, looks much better on the 4 doors than the 2 doors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

avstec

I had the Bestop Classic on my 2012 4 door and i really enjoy how easy it was to put on and off. It was frameless so either the top was on, or sitting at home. I am now in a 2016 4 door and i plan on sticking with the factory softop so i can go topless without leaving the top at home.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ive run the frameless Quadratec Adventure top on my rig for two seasons and am still happy with it. It’s nice that the back panels can be zipped off and stowed. I keep the flip top frame on and just open the area above the front seats keeping my kids in the back seat covered and everything else wide open. I also bought a rear deck cover and windjammer and that’s how it runs most of the summer. IMG_7615.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigcale

Caught the Bug
I have the frameless bestop on my 2 door and I love it. It has the sunrider for the front, on warm days here in the winter I can pop it open and drive in a few seconds. If I want to go topless I can roll the back part under the flipped open sunrider and still have it available if weather gets interesting. At some point I will figure a way to stash the windows for emergencies.

Ddays

Hooked
Keep in mind that your factory top is made by Bestop so the fact that it's lasted so long is a testament to that brand. I ordered mine with the hard top so when I decided to get a soft top last Spring I did some research. I ended up going with a Supertop NX in the heavier twill and I'm really glad I did. Love it so much that the hard top is likely to gather a lot of dust. nicely built and the twill material is really top notch.

Top Bottom