Rockhard 4x4 oil pan/trans skid plate question

jsukey

Hey guys, quick question. Bought, installed, and tested the RH4x4 transfer case skid plate last week. Looks great paired with their beefy crossmember...thanks WAL! I was going to wait a little bit before I bought the engine skid, but Ebay had a 15% off sale yesterday, so it saved me $50 on it. Couldn’t pass on $339.95 shipped! I was talking to another Jeeper Sunday while we were wheeling at Bridgeport, and he had the entire RH4x4 skid system as well. He told me to install the Fumoto valve with the L nipple, because he had no clearance in between his skid and oil pan. He has the 3.6 though, where I have the 3.8. Just curious what some of you with the 3.8 who have the skid system have done, and what your thoughts are on it. Thanks!

Hey guys, quick question. Bought, installed, and tested the RH4x4 transfer case skid plate last week. Looks great paired with their beefy crossmember...thanks WAL! I was going to wait a little bit before I bought the engine skid, but Ebay had a 15% off sale yesterday, so it saved me $50 on it. Couldn’t pass on $339.95 shipped! I was talking to another Jeeper Sunday while we were wheeling at Bridgeport, and he had the entire RH4x4 skid system as well. He told me to install the Fumoto valve with the L nipple, because he had no clearance in between his skid and oil pan. He has the 3.6 though, where I have the 3.8. Just curious what some of you with the 3.8 who have the skid system have done, and what your thoughts are on it. Thanks!

Maybe he has their older skid? I got a 2013 3.6 and had no problems with clearance and using a Fumoto F-106N.

Good luck on getting your answer for your 3.8. Sorry couldn't answer your question specifically.

bill32

Me too I have a 2015 jeep jk with full Rock Hard skids and the fumoto drain and have lots of clearance, some thing sounds wrong if there is no clearance.

jsukey

No clue then! Skid plate is coming in tomorrow. I’ll be at the TX Rangers Opening Day though, so I’ll probably install it Friday. I’ll order the valve and throw it on when I do my next oil change. Hopefully there will be no issues. Thanks for the replies guys!

WJCO

Meme King
, because he had no clearance in between his skid and oil pan. He has the 3.6 though, where I have the 3.8. Just curious what some of you with the 3.8 who have the skid system have done, and what your thoughts are on it. Thanks!

There's plenty of clearance with the 3.8L. Here's ours:

IMG_20170406_161112_995.jpg

IMG_20170425_161509_127.jpg

IMG_20170425_161629_776.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
That is precisely the info I was looking for! I don’t think there will be any issue with space.

I knew there was a door to assist with oil changes, but I had been told by another Jeeper that he had clearance issues. Not sure why.

I've done about 5 oil changes since we got it. No issues.

Top Bottom