Air Compressor Options

I have been trying to compare 3-4 options.
-ARB twin AIr compressor - expensive but clean and strong
-Something Viar - may not be able to do 37's but less expensive
-Power Tank setup - have to fill up the tank but clean and fast

I'm trying to find something that will inflate 4 37" tires in hopefully less than 15ish minutes (would love less though), compact enough for easy storage in the Jeep, and something that is cost effective but reliable. Any tips would be great!

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I use the viar 450p and couldn't really be happier with it for what it is. The twin ARB is sweet for sure and I'd love to own one at some point. The viar performs well enough that I'm in no hurry though.. IMG_20171023_175203.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
Friend of mine uses a Viair with no problems on 37s and 40s. This is his setup: IMG_1345.jpg
I use a portable ARB twin. Kind of expensive but I wanted portability: IMG_1423.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A.J.

I use co2. Did not spring for a power tank. Just went to the welding supply and got an exchangeable 10lb tank and a 150psi regulator on it with a quick coupler for an air hose. Cheap and easy. Fast and can run air tools if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jsukey

It takes me less than 10 minutes to air up all 4 of my 35’s from 11 lbs to 30 lbs with my ARB twin. Picked it up from Ebay for $365 new from the seller acmetruckparts. I’ve seen several more run across his page. The only thing wrong with it was one of the connectors on the wiring harness was cracked. It was still brand new, and works great!

Chris1015

I did spring for the power tank...not cheap. I do love my power tank though.

A.J. does have a good idea there.

Owen19

I went with the old school way york 210 and a 5 gal tank. Can run power tools, air up 37's from 12 psi to 28 psi in a little over a minute and barely noticeable when running. 20170215_125528.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I use co2. Did not spring for a power tank. Just went to the welding supply and got an exchangeable 10lb tank and a 150psi regulator on it with a quick coupler for an air hose. Cheap and easy. Fast and can run air tools if needed.

Any more info and pics would be awesome!

BaddestCross

AlStew

I just got an ARB dual compressor. Haven’t installed it yet and unsure about where to install it (under the hood or under the seat) I might get a switch pros here pretty soon, been wanting one forever...

critter812

I have the Viair 400H and fills my 35's fast I have filled all 4 of mine and my buddy's with out the compressor overheating.

OBA5.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
I just got an ARB dual compressor. Haven’t installed it yet and unsure about where to install it (under the hood or under the seat) I might get a switch pros here pretty soon, been wanting one forever...

I got a dual and put it under the passenger seat. To me, drawing clean, cool air seems like a better solution than drawing hot, dirty air from the engine compartment. But lots of people mount it under the hood, so it must work ok.

critter812

I got a dual and put it under the passenger seat. To me, drawing clean, cool air seems like a better solution than drawing hot, dirty air from the engine compartment. But lots of people mount it under the hood, so it must work ok.
Mine came with a filter and inlet tube so my compressor is under hood but draws air from inside jeep.

Top Bottom