Amplifier

Joeyd94

Was wondering if I could hook up an amplifier to stock 15 jk speakers and head unit if so, would it be worth it? Looking for the cheapest way to boost sound when top is off

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Omnifox

I have the Rocksford Fosgate P-300 12".

It's a self contained amp/sub and has a ton of power for not much space, that you can unhook and bring inside with 3 cables.

And you can get them for under $200 if you shop around.

I'm going to assume you have the basic non navi head unit. If that's the case you're better off upgrading the head unit first. Even with the 430/730n navi units they leave a lot to be desired, so I wouldn't bother switching to one of those. When you do upgrade the head unit, you can get cleaner sound off the unit and drive the speakers better. Speakers will really shine when you drive them well.

There are also compact 4 channel amp options for under $200 that should fit under the dash, however, you would either have to tie into the existing speaker wires or run fresh wires to each speaker.

Omnifox

I have the Rocksford Fosgate P-300 12".

It's a self contained amp/sub and has a ton of power for not much space, that you can unhook and bring inside with 3 cables.

And you can get them for under $200 if you shop around.
MVIMG_20180329_073728.jpg

Here is how much space it takes up.

And yes, a new head unit will likely get you better audio but you will still be without any sort of bass driver with only the stock speakers.

Mcollins443

I used the kicker PXA300.4 amp to power my front speakers. It’s really small and fits in the dash above the glove box. It’s also weather resistant which is a plus since I have the top off a lot in the summer. I also changed the headunit and speakers though. I would not amp the factory speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom