Evo 4" stage 1 vs stage 3

Flex92

Hey everybody! New to the forum and looking for some input!

I recently purchased a 2017 Willys Wheeler and I've been back and forth between a few companies. I've finally settled on the evo enforcer, but I'm undecided on whether I should just start off with the stage 1 or go right for the stage 3 w/ drag link flip kit.

Has anybody ran the stage one and regretted not going for the stage three? Also looking for advice on shocks to pair with it, i was thinking Bilstein 5100s. I'm looking to run 37s (I know it's terrible idea with the d30) but I do plan on doing c gussets and sleeves. Any input would be much appreciated!

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I am currently running the 3" Enforcer Stage 1 on my 15 Willys Wheeler with 35's and love it. Not sure if you need the stage 3 but would give you alot more adjustment.

IMG_0483.jpg

Flex92

At 4" you're gonna want that flip kit. I recommend Rancho 9000XL shocks and not wasting money on sleeves. Also recommend not going over 35s, but you didn't ask about that. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

How do the Rancho 9000s ride? I've heard multiple people say not to waste my time with sleeves, why is that? Is there a reason you're against the 37s as well? I know its a lot of stress on that Dana 30, but breaking that gives me an excuse to replace it down the road lol I just feel as if 35s would look silly with a 4" lift

BaddestCross

How do the Rancho 9000s ride? I've heard multiple people say not to waste my time with sleeves, why is that? Is there a reason you're against the 37s as well? I know its a lot of stress on that Dana 30, but breaking that gives me an excuse to replace it down the road lol I just feel as if 35s would look silly with a 4" lift

The Ranchos are as hard or as soft as you want them and are excellent shocks.

If you search the site, you'll find plenty of threads with photos of axle tube failures with sleeves installed.

Stress on the D30 is the reason. If you only do light wheeling you'll probably be fine for a long while. Don't lock the 30. 😎

35s would look small if you're running cut factory flares or flat flares. Otherwise it looks okay... Personal preference at that point. You can run 35s on 2-3" and be fine clearance-wise.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Flex92

The Ranchos are as hard or as soft as you want them and are excellent shocks.

If you search the site, you'll find plenty of threads with photos of axle tube failures with sleeves installed.

Stress on the D30 is the reason. If you only do light wheeling you'll probably be fine for a long while. Don't lock the 30. 😎

35s would look small if you're running cut factory flares or flat flares. Otherwise it looks okay... Personal preference at that point. You can run 35s on 2-3" and be fine clearance-wise.

--

Where I live (Alberta, Canada) the closest trails to me are about two hours away and the government are in the process of trying to ban off-road vehicles. I'd be lucky to get out once a month due to work so I feel like I could make the 30 last for awhile. I do plan on eventually travelling to black bears pass, MOAB and a few other trails on my bucket list. When that time comes I'd like to upgrade to a locked 44. I'm just trying to avoid putting in a 2.5" lift and 35s to only later want 4" and 37s more or less

Clutch

Caught the Bug

If you don’t care to break, then by all means.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Why do you want 4” and not 3”.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Where I live (Alberta, Canada) the closest trails to me are about two hours away and the government are in the process of trying to ban off-road vehicles. I'd be lucky to get out once a month due to work so I feel like I could make the 30 last for awhile. I do plan on eventually travelling to black bears pass, MOAB and a few other trails on my bucket list. When that time comes I'd like to upgrade to a locked 44. I'm just trying to avoid putting in a 2.5" lift and 35s to only later want 4" and 37s more or less

Just do 4” and 37s. And c-gussets. Save money in case something breaks, but i doubt it will.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Really good looking jeep man! I've got a soft spot for that blue, my old man's 47 willys is blue. How does the 3" ride?

I love the ride. I also run the Rancho 9000 shocks and the adjustability is great. You can run 37's with cut or flat fenders on the 3"

Last edited:

SilverBack775

Hey everybody! New to the forum and looking for some input!

I recently purchased a 2017 Willys Wheeler and I've been back and forth between a few companies. I've finally settled on the evo enforcer, but I'm undecided on whether I should just start off with the stage 1 or go right for the stage 3 w/ drag link flip kit.

Has anybody ran the stage one and regretted not going for the stage three? Also looking for advice on shocks to pair with it, i was thinking Bilstein 5100s. I'm looking to run 37s (I know it's terrible idea with the d30) but I do plan on doing c gussets and sleeves. Any input would be much appreciated!

I run the same and use Rancho’s geometry brackets. Pros and cons on these. The pros is it brings your front end to almost stock and the ride is really nice and like stock. Cons, is it sticks lower and could hit it with rocks and what not. It’s not that bad really. Ranchos geometry brackets are only $150 or so. Check them out! It really helps. And I just replaced my front driveline. Along with Evo’s steering flip kit. Mine rides like a Cadillac!

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Do you get out and do quite a bit of wheeling? How has that d30 held up so far?

Try to get out as much as I can but of course wheeling around my location requires 3 hour drives to get to anywhere worth wheeling. I have not had any issues with my D30 but I wheel lightly on the skinny pedal [emoji41]

Top Bottom