Another Suspension Thread - sry

Tim

So, I went to my local 4wd shop today to get an idea on what lift, tires and wheels are gonna set me back. Was planning on the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift and 33 in Falken Wildpeak AT's. The guy behind the counter said that if I'm gonna run 33's I shouldn't do a lift kit, I should do a leveling kit. (2012 JK sport). New to jeeps and offroading, so any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
amazingly, the information you were given is actually pretty good. you can practically run 33's without any lift and a leveling kit will ensure that you have no rubbing issues when flexing. if you keep your factory wheels, you will want to run 1.5" wheel spacers though.

Tim

hmmm, shocked. but I am planning on getting different wheels when I buy the tires. With just a leveling kit, doesn't that limit future mods i.e. Bumpers, winch etc.?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm, shocked. but I am planning on getting different wheels when I buy the tires. With just a leveling kit, doesn't that limit future mods i.e. Bumpers, winch etc.?

LOL!! me too. as far as the kit goes, nothing is limited as you can add to and or replace what you install as needed.

Tim

amazingly, the information you were given is actually pretty good. you can practically run 33's without any lift and a leveling kit will ensure that you have no rubbing issues when flexing. if you keep your factory wheels, you will want to run 1.5" wheel spacers though.

Ok so next question, after I do the Leveling kit, do I need to have an alignment done? I thought I read somewhere that for JK's and minor lifts it isn't necessary.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so next question, after I do the Leveling kit, do I need to have an alignment done? I thought I read somewhere that for JK's and minor lifts it isn't necessary.

with just a leveling kit, there really isn't anything to align. at most, you may need to recenter your steering wheel to prevent the esp/bas from kicking off but really, i doubt even that. please do not waste your money paying someone to do absolutely nothing.

Tim

with just a leveling kit, there really isn't anything to align. at most, you may need to recenter your steering wheel to prevent the esp/bas from kicking off but really, i doubt even that. please do not waste your money paying someone to do absolutely nothing.

Hehe, I won't. I was just making sure that after I put the leveling kit in, that I'll be done. Thanks for the info.

nacho

I have had to center my steering wheel after a few wheeling trips laying on my back in the dirt. If running 33s is all you are after a budget boost is a good way to start. other than possibly having to center you steering wheel, your toe wont change and the other angles are fixed.

Top Bottom