Windshield Wiper Fluid Not Coming Out

Brute

Hooked
Finally got home from Moab yesterday in a two day drive...while driving through a mountain pass in Oregon, it was snowing and below freezing...I was using my wipers and occasionally spraying with wiper fluid when I ran the reservoir dry; when I stopped for gas, I refilled it but it no longer worked?...any ideas why? I may have sucked some debris from the bottom into the line clogging it?

WJCO

Meme King
Have a helper push the button while you have your hand on the pump and see if you can fill it buzzing. It's possible the pump burned out if you used it with no fluid repeatedly. Not common but it is possible.

Brute

Hooked
Have a helper push the button while you have your hand on the pump and see if you can fill it buzzing. It's possible the pump burned out if you used it with no fluid repeatedly. Not common but it is possible.

Pumps making noise...I believe it's still working

Ddays

Hooked
Pumps making noise...I believe it's still working

The hose on the drivers side nozzle on my hood came off a couple weeks ago & did what yours is doing. Sounds dumb but maybe it's that simple with yours too?

Brute

Hooked
The hose on the drivers side nozzle on my hood came off a couple weeks ago & did what yours is doing. Sounds dumb but maybe it's that simple with yours too?

Hoses are all attached...none crimped; I'm going to try a fine wire into the hood nozzles first...then may try an air gun

JAGS

Hooked
Disconnect the hose from nozzle. Then you can determine if the clog is in the nozzle or in the hose somewhere. Got to think replacement hose is cheap. And if the nozzle, those are like $7 or less on eBay.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Had to replace the nozzle on mine last year when it cracked, it was spraying under the hood.

Brute

Hooked
Disconnect the hose from nozzle. Then you can determine if the clog is in the nozzle or in the hose somewhere. Got to think replacement hose is cheap. And if the nozzle, those are like $7 or less on eBay.

Good idea...

Top Bottom