JKU feels like it floats

cgraham69

I have a 2012 JKU with a 3.5 lift, 107,000 miles. Front end is tight and everything looks great with the steering. I have no wobble. But I have bump steer and it feels like my jeep is floating. Shocks are fairly new. The only thing I can think of is my steering stabilizer, never replaced. Any thoughts or help would be great.

I have a 2012 JKU with a 3.5 lift, 107,000 miles. Front end is tight and everything looks great with the steering. I have no wobble. But I have bump steer and it feels like my jeep is floating. Shocks are fairly new. The only thing I can think of is my steering stabilizer, never replaced. Any thoughts or help would be great.

Could be the stabilizer or the stabilizer bracket, one side of the bracket will crack and then it will flex giving you those symptoms. Give it a good look over.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cgraham69

I have not flipped the drag link.

I’m thinking it’s likely the stabilizer. I will inspect it when I get home tonight.

I’m getting mixed reviews on single or dual stabilizers. Any input on that. My jeep is used as a part time daily driver, hunting, fire trails, and occasional playing. No heavy rock climbing.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I’m thinking it’s likely the stabilizer. I will inspect it when I get home tonight.

I’m getting mixed reviews on single or dual stabilizers. Any input on that. My jeep is used as a part time daily driver, hunting, fire trails, and occasional playing. No heavy rock climbing.

Flip the link - You won’t find mixed reviews on dual stabilizers from any credible members.

And welcome to Wayalife!

jeeeep

Hooked

it's not the stabilizer. you have 3.5" lift you need to install a flip drag link to get rid of bump steer.

longarmwj

As others have said check out the bushings and tightness of all the bolts.

A properly set up steering system does not need a stabilizer. All a stabilizer does is mask the problem. It's essentially a giant band-aid .

BaddestCross

jorgelrod

Hooked
+1 on caster, now that my PR44 is set to 6.5" of caster, mine feels solid. I don't have the draglink flip and I'm at 3.5 inches

Last edited:

cgraham69

After your guys inputs and some further research, I’m betting it’s my drag link and tie rod. Everything is tight. And as it has progressed it has to be parts wearing down.

So should I spend the $$ and do the drag link flip or just replace the ends.

A.J.

It's crazy how many times this stuff comes up. We need an auto link for diy alignment and drag link parallel to track bar write ups. Also dual stabilizers is just plain stupid. I do enjoy watching them get torn off on rocks and stuff though. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cgraham69

Recommendations on doing the flip or just replaced the ends? If the flip, any specific brand?

Last edited:
Top Bottom