Windshield protector

jmjermaz

I have a JL and wanted advice on how to cut down the risk of stones cracking the windshield. Is there anything out there that helps deflect flying stones & looks good? Any tips from the grown ups?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I think your best bet is simply distance and a prayer. It always scares me and pisses me off when I watch a rock zooming straight for my windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Reverend Jim

Windshield

I literally didn’t make it home from the dealership before the 1st chip. It is very small, but still noticeable. This glass is terrible.

USMC Wrangler

It’s the angle of it that’s bad. I’m not sure if they have it for JL’s yet, but my State Farm office did confirm they will replace my next one with Gorilla Glass.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I literally didn’t make it home from the dealership before the 1st chip. It is very small, but still noticeable. This glass is terrible.

Lol. Mine got its first crack on the way home from the dealership. I've heard people installing some sort of clear wrap on the exterior of the windshield, although I've never seen it in person.

Ddays

Hooked
Regular glass, gorilla glass, it doesn't matter much. The fact is the windshield is fairly vertical unlike most vehicles that have laid back windshields for airflow characteristics.
Physics are physics. :idontknow:

Ironically I still have the original relatively unscathed windshield in my '14 JKU. I got two big chips in my 19 JLU before I had 1000 miles on the damn thing.

longarmwj

Regular glass, gorilla glass, it doesn't matter much. The fact is the windshield is fairly vertical unlike most vehicles that have laid back windshields for airflow characteristics.
Physics are physics. :idontknow:

Ironically I still have the original relatively unscathed windshield in my '14 JKU. I got two big chips in my 19 JLU before I had 1000 miles on the damn thing.

Same boat here. 64,000 miles on my JK and original windshield, zero chips.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Same boat here. 64,000 miles on my JK and original windshield, zero chips.

You two are freaky lucky. I’m still on the yearly plan, but I blame Michigan roads. They are in such a state of disrepair, there’s gravel and bits of concrete everywhere. A truck changes lanes and it goes everywhere including my windshield.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

USMC Wrangler

I’ve had four in six years, so they are lucky. My current one needs a couple more cracks or one big one before SF will replace it again. I am going to try the gorilla glass since it’s the same cost out of pocket to me...$0.00.

Top Bottom