Arb compressor

14JK-U

Im finally installing oba in my 14 jku, I got everything hooked up under the hood but I'm having issues in the interior. The wiring harness provided is labeled switch 1, 2, and isolator. Im only using the isolator since I don't have air lockers. I'm lost on where to connect the solo blue and solo yellow wire. One says illumination and the other is ignition. Any tips on this part?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

smittycm

Are you asking in general, or specifically what wire under your dash to tap into?

If just asking in general, then the red wire goes to a power source that only provides power when the ignition is switched to either "on" or "acc". Instructions say if you tap into another switched power wire under dash, it should be fused to at least 8 amps. If it were me, I'd probably run the ignition wire back to the fuse box assuming you don't have some sort of electrical accessory setup like the Painless setup. Lots of write ups already on how to tap into one of the fuses in your TIPM to get a switched power source.

For the blue wire, you need to research your vehicle or use a test light/multimeter to find the wire that illuminates the dash. The intent being that when you adjust the dimness of your interior lights, this blue wire would also adjust the dimness of the light on the ARB switch.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Im finally installing oba in my 14 jku, I got everything hooked up under the hood but I'm having issues in the interior. The wiring harness provided is labeled switch 1, 2, and isolator. Im only using the isolator since I don't have air lockers. I'm lost on where to connect the solo blue and solo yellow wire. One says illumination and the other is ignition. Any tips on this part?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just did this last weekend, what I did was got one of the wire harness things from Quadratec that goes between the power to the lighter and gives you 12v when the ignition is on. For now I ran both wires from the switch to that and it is illuminated when the jeep runs and turns on while the jeep is running. I did that so I wouldn’t kill the battery airing up in the middle of nowhere with the key on but not running.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom