AEV Front Bumper (Backcountry) tow loop options?

JKcity

I just picked up this 2016 Backcountry which has AEV factory installed bumpers and it does not have the front tow loops. Quick check of web shows AEV discontinued them. I wil call tomorrow? What other options do I have or have others used? Ideally I'd love to not take the bumper off. I do a couple Jamborees a year and need tow points. If I could end up with D-Rings that would be fine. Not sure where to mount or how though outside of the AEV ones. There are holes in skid plate right below fog lights where AEV ones slide through provided slot to bolt to frame, Picture of them below.

Tow.jpg Dude.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s very weird. The D ring mounts come with the bumper. The dealer either forgot or just didn’t install them. If you can, I’d start with the dealer to see if they still have them. If not contact AEV and they will ship you a replacement set.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKcity

I really like those red ones. Would those would just bolt on from front in place of crush can without bumper removal? Or do they go up by wInch plate, having a hard time picturing where exactly. My back is shot right now and if I don't have to pull a bumper I am all for it.

Brute

Hooked
The recovery attachment point is bolted through the bumper into the frame directly below the crush can on my AEV bumper

JKcity

Brute, you're talking about the stock AEV ones, correct?

What is under that crush can cover. Does it all just come off when you remove the 4 bolts? Though I'd probably be happier with a solution that keeps them. That's just me.

Last edited:

JKcity

Thank you, that's what I was afraid of. I've done it before though, well it was a 10A bumper but close enough. Jamboree is in July so I can probably get motivated before then, assuming AEV has some to sell me at a reasonable price.

JKcity

I'd have to buy another kit from AEV that has a bunch of stuff in it for $600. A guy there is going to try and source but said it is hard due to production supply issues. I'll check with dealer tomorrow to see if they can source directly as a MOPAR part perhaps? Have a call into Maximus-3.

I have those

I bought a used bumper exactly like what you have, but already had a tow plate on the jeep and couldn't use the brackets. I have them sitting on a shelf in my garage if you are interested.
The Jeep that they came off of had about 300 miles on it when the bumper was removed so they look brand new.

SecretAgentMan

Hello all, I'm new here. I'm resurrecting this multi-year old thread because I just purchased and installed an AEV front bumper on my newly acquired toy, a 2015 JK Unlimited Rubicon, and it is missing the tow loops. I've scoured AEV's website and have done quite a bit of google searching to no avail. Where can I find and purchase the tow loops for this bumper? If anyone has any insights I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hello all, I'm new here. I'm resurrecting this multi-year old thread because I just purchased and installed an AEV front bumper on my newly acquired toy, a 2015 JK Unlimited Rubicon, and it is missing the tow loops. I've scoured AEV's website and have done quite a bit of google searching to no avail. Where can I find and purchase the tow loops for this bumper? If anyone has any insights I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you!

Just call AEV, they will help you out

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom