Ok so I got a 2.5 TF lift w/ 35's and RK LCA'S

Rubijkuwahl

Now I'm getting mixed views, some are saying I need to adjust the caster after the LCA'S are installed. My question is how hard is this to do by yourself and how do you do it?

JKBANDIT55

Just my 2 cents but you shouldn't need LCAs with just a 2.5" lift. Honestly very minimal is needed for 2.5" lift. Maybe just some longer brake lines and an adjustable track bar. I know people running 2.5" lifts including myself with nothing but extended brakelines and have had 0 problems

Tackerdown

Banned
Ok so scratch the adjustable LCA'S but do I need to do anything w/ the caster angle w the stock LCA'S
Ok I'm not a pro here but have been told and read time and time again that with this small of a lift it is not needed. bump stops,rear track relocate bracket, and adjust your steering wheel yes. other than that your good to go. the lower control arms come into play 3" and up along with all sorts of other things. I have a 2.5 lift ( spacer ) and have had no issues

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Adjustable LCA's at 2.5" tend to be a matter of personal preference. My jk was flighty after a 2.5" lift but others say it is fine. Longer lca's really helped.

Tackerdown

Banned
He is saying he got them if i read this right. so if you have them why not use them. the kit should tell you what length to set them at if not WOL has a write up on this some where. if thats the case I'll look for it for you. I have a spacer lift and didn't notice any difference but its my wives DD not mine. She didn't say any thing to me about it and she is almost as anal as me.

JKBANDIT55

To be honest. You can throw a 2.5" lift on with just shocks and you should be fine. Like I said I wheel with lots of others including myself with this set up and have not had one problem. I had this set up on my old jk for 20K miles with 0 issues. Im not expert, but I think adjusting the caster angle comes into play when around 3.5" or taller.

Top Bottom