Minor issues after 2.5” lift

cangro408

So i finally pulled the trigger about 3 weeks ago on a lift kit it’s a beginner kit but it seems right for me and what i want to do with the my JK. Anyway i have these two lights popping up since i did so. One is the ABS light, which i have no clue why it would pop up and also the ESC light at least i think it’s that light. Also keep i mind i haven’t gotten an alignment yet I’ just waiting on my new wheels and tires to come in before I do that. i’ll leave a picture of my dash below let me know what you guys think. IMG_8329.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wethy

So i finally pulled the trigger about 3 weeks ago on a lift kit it’s a beginner kit but it seems right for me and what i want to do with the my JK. Anyway i have these two lights popping up since i did so. One is the ABS light, which i have no clue why it would pop up and also the ESC light at least i think it’s that light. Also keep i mind i haven’t gotten an alignment yet I’ just waiting on my new wheels and tires to come in before I do that. i’ll leave a picture of my dash below let me know what you guys think. View attachment 299085

What kit did you get? Will help diagnose some common issues you might have. Is the steering wheel straight a common issue is the steering wheel not being centred after lifting it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cangro408

What kit did you get? Will help diagnose some common issues you might have. Is the steering wheel straight a common issue is the steering wheel not being centred after lifting it.

So i did a 2.5 inch coil and shock lift from rubicon express on my 2017 jku and i took notice of the steering wheel after the lift it was straight. however after driving over the past weeks i’ve noticed the steering wheel consistently having a very slight tilt to the left like it’s so slight the average driver probably wouldn’t notice it

Wethy

I have the same 2.5 lift on my 2 dr. Definitely try straightening your wheel. Very easy to do following that write up. Its also is unlikely youll need seem alignment because on a solid axle your toe in wont change. And they can't change your castor unless you have adjustable control arms. All they can do is straighten your steering wheel.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Those two lights indicate you have wheel speed sensor gone bad, check to see if when you installed the lift one of the connector to the speed sensors got loose.

boardsurfer

Those two lights indicate you have wheel speed sensor gone bad, check to see if when you installed the lift one of the connector to the speed sensors got loose.

This^. If the steering wheel doesnt fix it, then one of your speed sensors is messed up. Make sure they're all snug, especially the rear plugs. No play in the plugs!

Top Bottom