Evo D Ring mount loose

So I picked up the fascia and D ring mounts for my JKU. No issues with the mounts being too tight...they’re actually loose. About a mm of play on both sides. I’m not sure what I should do. I’m concerned if I torque the big bolts down that the frame sides will collapse inward. But I don’t want the mounts rattling around in the frame. Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I worrying about nothing? I’d really rather not crunch the frame in case I decide to swap them out later for a full bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just double checked. There is enough side play to fit one of the included washers in between the frame and the mount. Seems a bit excessive, but may not be. I might just have to tighten away and see what happens. Maybe I can figure out a shim of sorts.

Also, do you guys bother using the EVO plates from the d ring mounts over the fascia or just the fascia alone?

Wowcool

Hey! I used the EVO plates over the fascia. I believe that is how it is designed and that is the only way I have ever seen the D ring mounts installed with the fascia.

The play you are experiencing within the frame is completely different from my experience. I had to use a rubber mallet to pound those suckers in.

Top Bottom