Front sway bar

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I just noticed that my front sway bar disconnects have about an inch difference. I measured my driver side and from eye to eye is 10inches and on the passenger side its 9 inches. Any idea why?
20180412_104106%7E2.jpg
20180412_104052%7E2.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Safe to assume you didn't set them like that?

If a shop did it, could be your Jeep wasn't sitting on level ground when they installed them. Having uneven length would have made it easier to do. OR, could be that someone was trying to help eliminate a lean in your Jeep.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Safe to assume you didn't set them like that?

If a shop did it, could be your Jeep wasn't sitting on level ground when they installed them. Having uneven length would have made it easier to do. OR, could be that someone was trying to help eliminate a lean in your Jeep.
I installed them but I guess I didn't realize the difference. I just adjusted them to fit. I only realized this after putting them back on after wheeling and noticed they weren't the same size. Will this cause any issues? Do I need to do anything to fix it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I installed them but I guess I didn't realize the difference. I just adjusted them to fit. I only realized this after putting them back on after wheeling and noticed they weren't the same size. Will this cause any issues? Do I need to do anything to fix it?

LOL!! If you're able to get them on and off without too much fuss, it's no big deal. Again, a lot of people do this on purpose to help mitigate a lean. The biggest reason to make them even is to help make them easier to install.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
LOL!! If you're able to get them on and off without too much fuss, it's no big deal. Again, a lot of people do this on purpose to help mitigate a lean. The biggest reason to make them even is to help make them easier to install.

Great. Thanks for the info as always Eddie. They slide on and off with ease.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great. Thanks for the info as always Eddie. They slide on and off with ease.

Just out of curiosity, is it safe to assume your Jeep is leaning to the passenger side? This would be normal by the way. If so, swapping your links would help this a bit but then, they would also be harder to install on the trail.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Just out of curiosity, is it safe to assume your Jeep is leaning to the passenger side? This would be normal by the way. If so, swapping your links would help this a bit but then, they would also be harder to install on the trail.

Well that's interesting. I never noticed before but yea, my right side is 1 inch lower than my driver side. Could I install a spacer to the passenger side to level out?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that's interesting. I never noticed before but yea, my right side is 1 inch lower than my driver side. Could I install a spacer to the passenger side to level out?
You could but you could just as easily swap your links and that would help up front. You could also get adjustable links for the rear and run the passenger side a bit taller too.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
You could but you could just as easily swap your links and that would help up front. You could also get adjustable links for the rear and run the passenger side a bit taller too.
Okay. I'll just swap the links then. I have adjustable in the rear also. Thanks for the info Eddie

Top Bottom