Safety Recalls

Slimebones

I have been thinking of having two recalls performed on my '07 Rubicon. A bit apprehensive to take to a dealer for anything in fear of what they can inadvertently damage. Has anyone here had any collateral damage done when having these recalls done, and what issues were they?
Am using Superchips flashpaq for a tuner, and would think I can throw the original tune in when arriving at dealership and then re-install the tune again in their parking lot before driving home. Sound reasonable?
Paranoia will destroy ya, but my experience with dealerships has not been too good. Seems like I always get the new guy in training.

BobNH

No issues with the twonrecalls I had done on my '08 last spring. Don't recall numbers, maybe s44 and some other, but one was passenger airbag and the other was clockspring. No issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bear_JT

Hooked
I had my airbag one taken care of and everything turned out ok as far as I can tell. It was pretty quick too. I know what you’re talking about though.
I had work done to my Ford Super Duty and the tech literally got grease all over my head liner to the point that the owner of the dealership refunded me the complete cost of work and labor and got me a brand new head liner. My father took his ‘16 Ram 3500 in for a recall and the guy moving the truck into the shop made a sharp right hand turn pulling out of the shop and put the right bedside into one of the big concrete filled pipes.
I say if it’s a safety recall get it taken care of. You don’t want to live with regret if you or a passenger gets hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

And I should have mentioned it is the passenger air bag and the clockspring also. Is it advisable to take the tune out of the vehicle before I take it in? Will they mess up things further if I don't?

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
And I should have mentioned it is the passenger air bag and the clockspring also. Is it advisable to take the tune out of the vehicle before I take it in? Will they mess up things further if I don't?
With dealership there's never any way to know. I'd bring it back to stock to avoid any issues that way if anything goes wrong you can say it was stock when bringing it in.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug

I had those two recalls done yesterday and I reinstalled the stock tune in their lot before dropping it off. They did a great job in and hour and a half. They also didn’t flash the programming but if they do and you don’t install the stock tune your tuner will be locked and it will cost $100 to unlock.

Bear_JT

Hooked
You can always tell the dealer to not flash it. If your concerned they will and don’t want to remove your tune, put a piece of duct tape over your OBDII port and write “DO NOT FLASH” on it.

Zstairlessone

Problem is they may (usually do) hook up and flash if there have been any updates since whatever version you have. I would take it back to the stock tune anytime I took it to the dealer to be safe

Slimebones

Better buy lotto ticket

My lucky day. Took to dealer and got the recalls done with no problem. Put it back to stock just to be safe beforehand.
Thanks for advice guys.

Top Bottom