EVO Rockers my FUBAR

bowtech50

Last fall I bought the EVO rocker skins and started the nut sert install on the drivers side.I had 2 installed when my buddy called and said I needed to get it to his pole barn for storage right away because boats needed to get in. I live in Minnesota and refuse to drive it in salt. I just took it out and finished installing all the serts without double checking only to find out that it must have moved when I marked the holes and the back is 1/2" low. Crap!!! So now my only option is to weld up all the holes in the EVO skins and use screw in transfer punches to locate the holes in the existing nut sert positions and re-drill and counter sink them. Then pay for powder coat and re-mount. Lesson learned, never do anything without a double check!

bowtech50

Does everything line up without the two fronts? Just leave them out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes, every hole lines up. The problem is that it slipped down in the back and I can get my fingers behind the bend easily. I am a freak about this stuff,and I could never live with it the way it is. I notice it right away. Already took it back off,and I will weld it tomorrow.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Yes, every hole lines up. The problem is that it slipped down in the back and I can get my fingers behind the bend easily. I am a freak about this stuff,and I could never live with it the way it is. I notice it right away. Already took it back off,and I will weld it tomorrow.

You can get your finger behind the bend? Take some pics

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I think he is saying it moved before he was done with marking for the holes to be drilled. So when he installed it, it was lined up crooked.

Or so it sounds to me.

Top Bottom