Jeep not wanting to take gas at pump

6OH6_JK

As the title states, my Jeep isn’t wanting to take gas when I’m filling it up. I’ve tired different gas stations and get the same results. I’d say there is multiple things that can cause this but can someone shed some light on what is causing this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WW_Svi

My guess would be the tank isn’t vented properly. Usually there is a vent on the fill up tube and then a vent that goes through the charcoal canister. I’d look at filler tube vent first.

Jeeper62

Some thoughts- maybe the evap vent is stuck shut, there’s a carbon canister thats full of fuel or a plugged/clogged vent hose.

Any dummy lights on?

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I had that issue with my old Jeep, 08 JKU, and ended up being a defect with the rollover safety valve in the tank. Jeep had some bad ones.

PATRIOTKJM

I’m having this same issue, I’ve replaced charcoal canister, the ESIM, and the fill tube. The only thing I haven’t replaced is the purge valve. I’ve dropped the tank and checked that the check valve is working. Curious if you find a fix. Good luck!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Common problem on the JK especially older ones. Depending on the year of your Jeep, there might be a TSB you can have your dealership do to fix this.

6OH6_JK

Mine is a 2010 and it does take it slowly but it only takes around a dollar at a time then shuts off. I’ll wait a couple seconds and then add another dollar or so! I don’t have any lights on it the Jeep.

Top Bottom