ProCal use questions

BobNH

I just purchased the AEV ProCal and am wondering what will happen if the PO had used something like it previously and left the settings in place.
I ask because I have the 4 flash turn signal thing, which I hate, and that sounds like a feature that has to be activated.
My only guess is that with the dip switches of the procal, it just changes settings, so if a flash of some kind is in place, it will override it?
Thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Brute

Hooked
Did you buy it used? If so, you can use the VIN Release feature to unlock the vin and restore all settings to their original values...you can find this in Procal Quick Reference guide

wjtstudios

Hooked
It should override it. I’ve changed settings back an forth with mine. Once a procal is registered to a vehicle it can not be used on another jeep. If he used a procal, yours will just change his settings that he had done.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

It should override it. I’ve changed settings back an forth with mine. Once a procal is registered to a vehicle it can not be used on another jeep. If he used a procal, yours will just change his settings that he had done.

Glad this thread came up, I just bought a pro cal too. If I want to do two or three things with it do you just unplug it after it beeps, reset the dip switches, plug it back in and wait for the beep, and repeat?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Pretty much...make sure engine is off and key in the ignition to the run position (two clicks in with all the lights on the dash)...horn will beep twice, remove Procal, then cycle ignition off then on again

BobNH

Did you buy it used? If so, you can use the VIN Release feature to unlock the vin and restore all settings to their original values...you can find this in Procal Quick Reference guide
The Jeep was used, yes. Thanks for the tip! Probably start the procedure that way, to be safe.

BobNH

Ah, thanks! As long as it was a procal. I went with procal because it seems to act different, changing settings vs program changes with flashcal. Those seem they could be harder to deal with, i.e. dealer flash after plug change. Any idea if using the procal to reset all it would bork the system if there was a flashcal change done?

BobNH

Thank you everyone for the input and advice. Time in hand until it arrives.

jeffd

if you go to the AEV website you can download a users manual for the procal. The guy who designed the procal (brother of the owner of AEV) told me that to set proper tire size park on flat surface and measure from the center of the hub to the ground and X2.

jdofmemi

What he said👆
That gives you the rolling radius, which establishes the true distance the tire moves with each revolution.

Top Bottom