Proper Caster Angle

Ampacjt

Newbie here, but over the last 5 months have been addicted to modifying my 2015 JKU. I added a 2.5" JKS lift after Christmas, then front fixed JKS lower control arms. Jeep drove better than stock afterward. In my mind anyway. In Feb add 315/70r17 Nitto Trial Grapplers along with Fuel wheel with 4.5 back space. Added tire carrier and larger brakes, front and rear last week.

Since adding the larger wheels and tire the jeep has been a little flighty, not terrible but annoying. It seems to have gotten worse after adding the larger rotors and calipers. I'm thinking about upgrading the tie rod and drag link next, but then started wondering if my caster angle need to be increased to account for the heavier wheels and tires. Also, have reduced tire pressure. Helps but not enough. Would appreciated any input.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Newbie here, but over the last 5 months have been addicted to modifying my 2015 JKU. I added a 2.5" JKS lift after Christmas, then front fixed JKS lower control arms. Jeep drove better than stock afterward. In my mind anyway. In Feb add 315/70r17 Nitto Trial Grapplers along with Fuel wheel with 4.5 back space. Added tire carrier and larger brakes, front and rear last week.

Since adding the larger wheels and tire the jeep has been a little flighty, not terrible but annoying. It seems to have gotten worse after adding the larger rotors and calipers. I'm thinking about upgrading the tie rod and drag link next, but then started wondering if my caster angle need to be increased to account for the heavier wheels and tires. Also, have reduced tire pressure. Helps but not enough. Would appreciated any input.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

If your caster is 4+ , that's about as good as you'll get without affecting front pinion angle. Larger tires can cause a flighty feeling. Make sure all of your bolts are torqued, especially your track bar. No need to replace any steering parts unless they have play.

Top Bottom