Beadlocks or not?

JethroJK

So I am doing the research as many of us do on what is the right mod for the Jeep 2012 JKUR. I have recently been looking at armor and lifts and now I am looking and trying to decide wheels.

Beadlocks are nice and I like the look but for someone who probably wheel 2-3 times a month and the Jeep is on the highway 75% of the time compared to trails is it better to go with normal wheels?

I think I know the answer but give me your 2 cents, if ya want.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, they are really nice to have but far from necessary. If you stick with a narrower wheel like an 8" wide wheel and run 12.50 wide tires, they'll hold well enough for most any wheeling you do.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Honestly, they are really nice to have but far from necessary. If you stick with a narrower wheel like an 8" wide wheel and run 12.50 wide tires, they'll hold well enough for most any wheeling you do.

Just for my own edification, a narrower wheel helps prevent blowing a bead over a wider wheel...all other things being equal?

JethroJK

Some of the reason I am thinking about a normal wheel is for one I can have them mounted and balanced at Discount when I purchase the tires and wheels. Also the cost of the wheels seem a little less for a normal wheel depending on which one you get. Aside from deciding which wheels, I have already made my mind up on Nitto Mud Grapplers 35 x 12.50 x 17.

So now I just need to find a good wheel, any ideas?

Top Bottom