Best dash cam?

duktrx

I bought the Cobra dual HD at Costco, and a generic micro usb hardwire kit online. It records front and rear video, GPS tagging, g -force during accidents, and has a companion app with notifications for speed traps, red light and speed cameras.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tree Frog

I Highly recommend the Blackvue systems.
I tried several systems including using a GoPro for a dash cam.

Currently running a Blackvue 650s 2 ch. with a 128GB card. (Now discontinued due to a new 750 coming out.) of course :grayno:

I wanted something that just plain worked, all the time, everytime. Kind of spendy, but in the grand scheme of this little hobby of ours, who cares?

Front and rear cameras. Software is easy to use even for us old guys.
GPS location avail. on Google Maps, speed and audio if you want, if not shut it off. WiFi over the cloud. (You can watch your camera's from your computer or smartphone/ Tablet.)
You can send your video feed to the cloud and anybody can view it if you want.
You or anybody can bring up your camera and watch, see where you are, see how fast you are going and talk to you if you want.

The DashCam store in Austin took good care of me. They have the kit to wire it directly into our JKs and it is a pretty easy install.
The Power Magic Pro module keeps it powered up with ignition off and will monitor you battery and shut the system down if it gets too low on juice. So it is a security camera as well when parked.

I am sure there are more features I am forgetting. At least check it out.

Worked my tail off researching the best system for my uses and price range.

I asked my butthead State Farm agent about a discount as I am running this dash cam and a telemetry system that has GPS with speed and all sorts of crap on it. They acted like they did not even know what I was talking about. They do have their little ODB2, plug in big brother thing that they claim will net you you a discount. :idontknow:

I Highly recommend the Blackvue systems.
I tried several systems including using a GoPro for a dash cam.

Currently running a Blackvue 650s 2 ch. with a 128GB card. (Now discontinued due to a new 750 coming out.) of course :grayno:

I wanted something that just plain worked, all the time, everytime. Kind of spendy, but in the grand scheme of this little hobby of ours, who cares?

Front and rear cameras. Software is easy to use even for us old guys.
GPS location avail. on Google Maps, speed and audio if you want, if not shut it off. WiFi over the cloud. (You can watch your camera's from your computer or smartphone/ Tablet.)
You can send your video feed to the cloud and anybody can view it if you want.
You or anybody can bring up your camera and watch, see where you are, see how fast you are going and talk to you if you want.

The DashCam store in Austin took good care of me. They have the kit to wire it directly into our JKs and it is a pretty easy install.
The Power Magic Pro module keeps it powered up with ignition off and will monitor you battery and shut the system down if it gets too low on juice. So it is a security camera as well when parked.

I am sure there are more features I am forgetting. At least check it out.

Worked my tail off researching the best system for my uses and price range.

I asked my butthead State Farm agent about a discount as I am running this dash cam and a telemetry system that has GPS with speed and all sorts of crap on it. They acted like they did not even know what I was talking about. They do have their little ODB2, plug in big brother thing that they claim will net you you a discount. :idontknow:

I just ordered a TaoTronics one off of amazon, had good reviews and seems pretty simple. We will see how it goes though. In the future, I definitely want to get a BlackVue, too pricey for me at the moment.

naturaloak

Just had single channel Blackvue DR900s with the Power Magic Pro installed. Awesome camera.
Didn't go with the rear channel, mainly cos thought might too much of a ball ache to install and still get the top off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ve barely avoided three accidents in two days. Are you guys happy with your choices?
I’m looking for front and rear, would prefer exterior rear so I don’t have to mess with it when switching tops.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

pop2tu

I’ve been thinking about this too. I was trying to get one that also has the backup camera that displays on the rear view mirror, as the mirror is useless with the spare tire up there.

BaddestCross

I’ve barely avoided three accidents in two days. Are you guys happy with your choices?
I’m looking for front and rear, would prefer exterior rear so I don’t have to mess with it when switching tops.

I’ve been thinking about this too. I was trying to get one that also has the backup camera that displays on the rear view mirror, as the mirror is useless with the spare tire up there.

I have this one. I haven't gotten an SD card for it so I don't use the front cam but I run the rear view on all the time so I actually have a "mirror" again.

Screenshot_20201214-192151_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZ1D226/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Rea2FbRS775G4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

pop2tu

I have this one. I haven't gotten an SD card for it so I don't use the front cam but I run the rear view on all the time so I actually have a "mirror" again.

View attachment 356663

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZ1D226/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Rea2FbRS775G4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

That is the one I was looking at. If you had to buy a replacement, would you buy the same one?

Man I wish I saw that earlier.
I picked up the garmin mini to try out. After searching and reading reviews of all the no names on Amazon some are great some break some don’t record in an accident blah blah blah. I went for simplicity, it’s literally just the camera so it won’t be visible once hardwired. Doesn’t have a rear cam though. And it was the same price as that mirror [emoji848]
Debating sending it back now.

It’s about the size of a thumb and connects to your phone.
IMG_0498.jpg

Top Bottom