Question after hardtop removal

Took the hardtop off for the first time since I’ve owned the Jeep. Noticed the metal around all the bolt holes on the tub is pulled down toward the nut. Basically it has 6 indentations in the metal from the top. I don’t think the bolts were that tight, but I gotta ask...anyone else have or seen this? It’s enough that I paint has some pressure lines in it. Like paint cracking is starting. Anything to be concerned about? IMG_0684.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fusion_jeff

Took the hardtop off for the first time since I’ve owned the Jeep. Noticed the metal around all the bolt holes on the tub is pulled down toward the nut. Basically it has 6 indentations in the metal from the top. I don’t think the bolts were that tight, but I gotta ask...anyone else have or seen this? It’s enough that I paint has some pressure lines in it. Like paint cracking is starting. Anything to be concerned about? View attachment 299733

Pretty sure those are just pinch welds. I have the same spots on mine. Unless there are cracks in the paint around them, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Yep what he said, if you're looking at the small round indentations those are welds

Actually it’s the indentations around the bolt holes. Not the spot welds. Looks like the top bent in the metal slightly. IMG_0687.jpg IMG_0688.jpg

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Oh ok I see it now. I still wouldn't be too worried about it. Doesn't look like it messed the paint up. Is the bottom surface of your hardtop flat around the holes?

Oh ok I see it now. I still wouldn't be too worried about it. Doesn't look like it messed the paint up. Is the bottom surface of your hardtop flat around the holes?

Yeah it’s flat. Although it’s got these black plastic pieces at each bolt hole. IMG_0682.jpg IMG_0683.jpg

Top Bottom