Help with quarter pounder stinger install.

Wowcool

Hey all! I am trying to install my EVO stinger onto the bumper before I put it on my Jeep. I noticed there is a gap in between my stinger plate and the top of the bumper. I would say the gap is 1/8 inch. The D Ring plates are flush with the front plate of the bumper. And I have each end of the stinger bolted with 2 bolts to confirm alignment. Is this gap normal? Should I proceed with drilling or is there something I can do to try and make the top plate more flush with the bumper. See pics below. IMG_1091.jpg
Image1524535958.036336.jpg Image1524535977.675791.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wowcool

Yeah calling ORE is a safe bet. I will most likely do that. I think I am going to first disassemble the stinger and try clamping it before I tighten any bolts. Maybe that will help solve my issue? At least I know now it is abnormal.

Defcon3JKU

Mine had a small gap when I installed also. I took some heavy duty C clamps and tightened it down the best I could then drilled the holes. Like said above what until you install the whole bumper. It’s a pain if you don’t have a helping hand. Good luck [emoji106]

benatc1

Hooked
Will be doing this install soon, question for order of install.. bumper, then stinger then winch? Or bumper, winch, stinger. Or does the winch have to be installed before it goes on the Jeep? And is the sway bar motor flip required to install or just to protect it?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Will be doing this install soon, question for order of install.. bumper, then stinger then winch? Or bumper, winch, stinger. Or does the winch have to be installed before it goes on the Jeep? And is the sway bar motor flip required to install or just to protect it?

I would mount the stinger and drill holes then mount it. That way would seem the easiest. Then install the bumper, then the winch. I only did the bumper. Then eventually installed the warn winch and it drops into place and you bolt the four bolts in. Winch took like 30 min install, wiring and doing the line.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

I would mount the stinger and drill holes FIRST then mount it. That way would seem the easiest. Then install the bumper, then the winch. I only did the bumper. Then eventually installed the warn winch and it drops into place and you bolt the four bolts in. Winch took like 30 min install, wiring and doing the line.

Agreed, Mock up the stinger, Drill the holes, hell, even bolt it down, admire how good it looks on the bench while having a beer, remove the stinger, try to mount the bumper, trim the frame, try to mount the bumper, cuss, trim the frame again, mount the bumper loose, mount the stinger, tighten everything down, mount the winch... :twocents:

benatc1

Hooked
I would mount the stinger and drill holes then mount it. That way would seem the easiest. Then install the bumper, then the winch. I only did the bumper. Then eventually installed the warn winch and it drops into place and you bolt the four bolts in. Winch took like 30 min install, wiring and doing the line.

Thanks for the info, I’ll go this route

Agreed, Mock up the stinger, Drill the holes, hell, even bolt it down, admire how good it looks on the bench while having a beer, remove the stinger, try to mount the bumper, trim the frame, try to mount the bumper, cuss, trim the frame again, mount the bumper loose, mount the stinger, tighten everything down, mount the winch... :twocents:

Seems like I’m in for a fun day, but what’s the point of such a nice set up of it was simple

zimm

Caught the Bug
Well damn. Can you mount the stinger if the bumper is already on? I'm on d-ring plates only, but my new garage has room for the stinger. :rock:

I ordered a pure jeep hoop as recommended by eddie, but my card was never charged and they never replied to any emails. It's been 2 months. F-em.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well damn. Can you mount the stinger if the bumper is already on? I'm on d-ring plates only, but my new garage has room for the stinger. :rock:

I ordered a pure jeep hoop as recommended by eddie, but my card was never charged and they never replied to any emails. It's been 2 months. F-em.

Yes you can but the front bolt is a bitch to get in if you didn’t notch the frame horns when you installed the bumper.

benatc1

Hooked
does anyone remember the size of the drill bit used to make the holes for the stinger? cant seem to find it anywhere

Top Bottom