Light bar + Snorkel

dshipp2

So I'm trying to figure out if the setup that I want to run will fit together. I want to run a KC HiLiTes windshield mount lightbar with 5 lights and the Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel. Links to both below. My only concern is that the snorkel and the light bar won't have enough space to fit together on the front right. Is there anyone with experience on either of those and the compatability?

https://www.quadratec.com/products/12110_6104_07.htm

https://www.quadratec.com/products/17011_0015_07.htm

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It can be done with any of them, but both items are kinda pointless....and I ran a snorkel for 3 years before.

WJCO

Meme King
So the snorkel wont help with dusty areas like sand dunes or deep water crossings?

I don't see how it would help with dust at all, that's never made sense to me. And as far as water crossings, if you're sticking to Colorado, I don't think we have anything where one would be needed. The deepest that I know of is Coney Flats. We went last year and it was the deepest I've ever seen it, here's 2 Jeeps from our group and as you can see the water is nowhere close to the air filter. 1st one is 35s and 2nd one is 37s.

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

If you want one for looks, it looks like Rugged Ridge makes a light bar mount themselves and it works with their snorkel.

172579.jpg

Brute

Hooked
So the snorkel wont help with dusty areas like sand dunes or deep water crossings?

If you get an AEV snorkel with a prefilter (similar to what the military uses) it will make a difference...but don't count on it in a watercrossing with water above the hood...

wjtstudios

Hooked

It all depends on your location and set up.

A snorkel will help with dust if you have a pre filter installed. They basically spin the dust right out of the air prior to the filter. The military has been using them for decades.

For water and mud, in Michigan we have too much of both. I am the first one to venture into the water and mud holes in my groups and I run a snorkel to make sure I have time to make a decision if things get to deep. On a lot of trails there aren’t bypasses to get around water and you can’t dip stick every hole and see every rock buried in the bottom of them until you are on them. Most people will never use a snorkel for what it is intended. I hope never to as well, but given our conditions here in Michigan, it is a good safety factor for me.

Light bars on windshields are just noisy as hell. I’d never run one for that reason alone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I'd be a bit hesitant on that light mount, I had a bar up there and it made a shit ton of wind noise/cab vibration.
Friends roof rack w/o any lights does the same.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yuck to both. 5 huge lights above the windshield? why? Kills your overhead clearance. Snorkels are hideous. I've forded water above my door sills and no issues with stock airbox. Don't bomb through water.

Top Bottom