summer rain blues

14JK-U

now that it's that time of year again we're all looking to run topless/doorless as much as possible. coming from only a hard top and still waiting to afford a soft top I'm having the dilemma of running topless. with Washington's bi-polar mother nature that likes to screw up perfectly nice days I fear running without a top so i'm hoping the members here can encourage me to say screw it and stop worrying. if our jks are caught in the rain what on the interior is at risk of damage? (carpet, seats, upholstery in general not my concern) more worried about the electronics, I have an SPOD above my rearview mirror and an aftermarket head unit. other than that the interior is stock. the head unit i'm sure is at risk, is the Spod able to withstand storms? anything in the steering column I need to worry about?

tjgoff

I’ve had mine filled with water. Pulled the drain plugs, bailed out cup holders and set it out in the sun. 3 years later, I’ve still never had an electrical problem. May be worth getting an emergency top in Washington though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I would get a bimini top that you can keep rolled up in the back. It'll at least keep your dash from filling with water. I used to run topless in Hawaii and when caught in the rain, the tires would throw water onto the inside of my windshield! Bimini won't stop that, but at least you'll somewhat protect the electronics. Keep a towel in the glove box.

Top Bottom